Opinions?

#2 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:17 AM

Sure - rabbits are a no brainer. Yotes & Deer depends on what you have for the stove pipe. You're probably going to want to use buckshot on the yotes, so the appropriate buckshot friendly choke will be required. The deer are going to require a slug barrel.

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#3 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 04 July 2009 - 01:43 PM

The 1300 is a great gun. Recoil is used to aid the rearward stroke of the action so they are pretty fast. I wish they'd make a 3.5 inch version.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#4 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 11:25 PM

I am preparing to pull the trigger on this one and would appreciate it if you'd offer any input about this particular shotgun. Was leaning towards a Rem before I stumbled across this one. Seemed almost too good. Worried about factory closing though.http://www.gunbroker...?Item=133028371

#5 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:39 PM

Went ahead and pulled the trigger. The auction description includes this:3 winchester screw in chokes [full,mod,imp cyl] plus a new super full turkey choke.Should I use the turkey choke for yotes w/ 4 shot?Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:01 PM

You made a good decision. I grew up shooting an 870 and as much as I love that gun I have to admit that the quality/reliability of remington shotguns has gone a little off track. I hear they've worked their bugs out but with that winchester you wont have to worry about whether or not you might get stuck with a bad one. I don't know about the turkey choke and #4 buck. There are a few predator shotgunners here that could probably tell you.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#7 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:16 PM

Make sure you get number 4 buck shot , not #4 shot for coyotes. Check with the turkey choke manufacturer to see if they recommend shooting number 4 buck shot in the choke that you have.
Posted ImageTen Percent FirearmsServing California with all of their firearms needs - or contact us by email.

#8 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:32 PM

That undertaker choke should work - Make a simple frame and tape some butcher paper on it to pattern the choke at various distances to see how well it shoots buckshot in a 10" circle. If you don't like the way it patterns, get one of These I like the camo on that shotgun - I have two Winchester 1200's from the late 70's my dad and I used to hunt rabbits. Mine has a 30" ribbed barrel, and my dad has a plain 26" barrel with a cutts compensator on it. Both 20 gauge. Winchester makes (made) a good shotgun.

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#9 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:31 PM

Thanks BT, that was immensely helpful. The Undertaker model won't work, i checked. Choke order placed!

#10 Yateswell

Yateswell

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:15 PM

Nice, good looking gun.

#11 JagerBulldog

JagerBulldog

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:13 PM

Good shotgun, it is called the "speed pump" I think. You won't be disappointed.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." -General George S. Patton Jr.

#12 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:14 PM

Nice, good looking gun.

Thanks, I kinda like it too. :) Now to pattern the darn thing. Based on my research, would you guys agree the Wingmaster HD RW12VT is likely to be the best choice for a 3" predator load for this shotgun?

#13 dabob

dabob

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:59 AM

Now to pattern the darn thing. Based on my research, would you guys agree the Wingmaster HD RW12VT is likely to be the best choice for a 3" predator load for this shotgun?[/quote] If I didn't have to shoot lead free shotgun shells at coyotes I would still be shooting Federal Premium 1-7/8 oz copper coated lead BB's at coyotes. They worked great for me on coyotes for about 20 years. The Remington Wingmaster HD and the Hevi-Shot Dead Coyote are far superior than the lead loads but they cost three times more than the lead loads. The heavier than lead Rem HD and Hevi-Shot Dead Coyote stay round and pattern much better than lead pellets do and they break bones and penetrate much better than lead pellets do. I prefer the Remington HD BB load over the Rem HD and the Hevi-Shot Dead Coyote load because the HD BB load has 23 more pellets in it than the T shot loads do.Posted ImageHere is a pattern from a Federal Premium 3" 1-7/8 oz of copper coated BB's. It had 98 pellets in it and it put 15 pellets in the 12" circle at 40 yards.Posted ImageThis picture is a pattern from a Rem HD 3" BB load with 73 pellets in it. It put 32 pellets in the 12" circle at 40 yards.Posted ImageHere is a picture of a pattern shot with a RM HD 3" T shot predator load with 50 pellets in it. It put 23 pellets in the 12" circle at 40 yards.
Posted ImageTen Percent FirearmsServing California with all of their firearms needs - or contact us by email.

#14 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:18 PM

Hard to argue those facts. BBs huh? That's item RW12HM BB right? $35./bx. Any deals anywhere? Hmmm...any other ammo opinions anyone?

#15 dabob

dabob

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 02:04 PM

I just checked the Remington web site, it looks like the HD 3" bb loads are RW12HMB. I did not see any rebates for the HD loads. Keep checking on the Rem web site. The last two years in the fall and on into January Remington has had a $15.00 rebate per box on the HD shotgun shells.

#16 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:30 PM

I thought they were 20rd boxes...they're 10 rounds! Yikes!! Call the paramedics, I have terminal sticker shock. :rolleyes: (Only got 10 boxes...that oughta be good for 100 coyotes right?) LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users