14 replies to this topic

#1 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 06:10 PM

Seems like there are several ways to paint or wrap a scope but if you wanted a really nice looking MO Brush pattern, what would be the best way to apply it to a black matte-finish scope?

#2 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 04:22 PM

Bruce, if you want a mossy oak scope you might be better off buying one that already has that pattern. If you have the scope already I think you can have it dipped but I've never done this so I don't know if they can do a scope. Camoflage patterns are only for the hunters, if your commo breahs up the outline it doesn't matter what pattern it is.Ron

#3 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:41 PM

Where do ya looking for a "dipping" in So. Cal? Any idea?

#4 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:05 PM

Bruce, check out Jeffs post on your topic about the coyote special scope, he had a scope dipped and may be able to help you out. Ron

#5 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 08:07 PM

Your close to me I can hit it with a rattle can free of charge.

#6 Portagee_Shooter

Portagee_Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:38 AM

This is a great thread with LOTS of ideas and some links to other threads too. You'll see there are a lot of scopes that are camo'd with rattle cans. I did it and its a piece of cake. I used the broom bristle method and it came out sweet. Others use leafs, flyswatters, and all sorts of different things to make the pattern. Your imigination is the only limitation!http://www.californi...d...&hl=mini-14
Q: "What do you hunt with that?" A: "Name it"-Rambo

#7 tawnoper

tawnoper

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:34 AM

Seems like there are several ways to paint or wrap a scope but if you wanted a really nice looking MO Brush pattern, what would be the best way to apply it to a black matte-finish scope?

Or maybe a better question would be, why would you want to?
ProStaff - ProStaff - Field Staff - I'm very important!

#8 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:47 AM

Or maybe a better question would be, why would you want to?

Why does anybody do anything to their gun? I want to! The rifle is already completely camoed in a MO Brush pattern and I have a new scope on the way and want it to match. Do I need a better reason?

#9 tawnoper

tawnoper

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:45 AM

Why does anybody do anything to their gun? I want to! The rifle is already completely camoed in a MO Brush pattern and I have a new scope on the way and want it to match. Do I need a better reason?

Of course you don't need a better reason...wanting to do it covers it."Why does anybody do anything to their gun?" Usually for some kind of performance enhancement...which is why I asked the question to begin with...but your answer "because I want to" covers it.
ProStaff - ProStaff - Field Staff - I'm very important!

#10 Portagee_Shooter

Portagee_Shooter

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:39 AM

I guess I missed the MO part of your original post. I think the only way to get a match or close is to send it out for a dip.
Q: "What do you hunt with that?" A: "Name it"-Rambo

#11 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:38 PM

Yeah, I really like the matching factory paint but the simmons scope was pathetic.Attached File  1.jpg   28.03KB   29 downloads

#12 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:57 PM

Bruce, remington makes shooting glasses with Mossy Oak pattern lenses. You can buy a pair of those and wear them every time you pick up that gun and it will make that scope look like it is painted mossy oak. :)

#13 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:41 AM

I have been thinking about this for a while. You could wrap the scope in cord/string and then paint it either with brush or paint cans. If it does not turn out like you wanted it either repaint or start over. We are talking mear pennies...for a very class camo job.

#14 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:34 PM

Bruce, remington makes shooting glasses with Mossy Oak pattern lenses. You can buy a pair of those and wear them every time you pick up that gun and it will make that scope look like it is painted mossy oak. :roflmao3[1]:

Though you cannot tell because of the shadow...I am actually wearing those sunglasses in my avatar pic. LOL My dogs freaked when I walked out wearing this stuff.The scope still looks black. B)

#15 JagerBulldog

JagerBulldog

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:25 PM

Now thats funny!
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." -General George S. Patton Jr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users