5 replies to this topic

#1 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 11:20 AM

I am returning my Nikon Coyote Special (hate the reticle) and leaning towards a 6500. Anyone use this Elite in the field? Good alternative choice for a 22-250? Seems like it but I won't really know until I get it on the rifle at the range and of course, in the hills.Also, has anyone tried placing a sheer stocking over the scope to conceal it and prevent the inevitable glint off the glass from the sun? If the Coyote Special's glare reflector works, why wouldn't a sheer stocking...they're probably even available in a camo pattern and/or secured with a camo flexx wrap.Maybe something like this? Posted Image

#2 Iron Worker

Iron Worker

Iron worker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Interests:Hunting/Fishing/ Hiking

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:23 AM

I have a several Bushnell Elites. Two 6500s. The 2.5x16x50 is perfect for Coyote hunting.I have one mounted on my AR-15. I can pick out yotes from sage brush with ease .

#3 JimC

JimC

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting air rifles, ground squirrels and ducks

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:50 AM

I just picked up a 4.5-30x50 for my Savage 223. I like the scope a lot, good clarity, easy to adjust. The ability to reset your turrets to a zero without tools is a nice feature. The 6x zoom range is really nice. I have a 4200 on another rifle which a l really like as well and is the reason I picked up the 6500 Amazon has a smoking deal on the 4.5-30x50 with the fine Multi-x reticle for $510 as of 7/21/09. This is about $150-$200 cheaper than any other price I could find on the net. They have this scope listed in about 5 different places with 5 different prices ranging from $510 to $949 so follow the link below to the cheapest price. The best price on the 2.5-16 is $650.Amazon 6500 DealGood LuckJim

#4 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:09 PM

Warning: Objects in scope may be further away then they appear! LOL Great scope, excellent field of vision and easily dialed in to guarantee a vitals shot.

#5 rabiddog

rabiddog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:25 AM

BgBambo uses the 6500's and he really likes em , he got me using the 3200's which are a good scope, bright and the 3200's dont kill the wallet.
HISTORY, IN GENERAL,ONLY INFORMS US OF WHAT BAD GOVERNMENT IS. THOMAS JEFFERSONANYONE WHO TRADES LIBERTY FOR SECURITY DESERVES NEITHER LIBERTY OR SECURITY. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

#6 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:55 PM

I have one on my CZ527. It's the 2.5-16x42 model and it works excellent. Super bright and clear from edge to edge. It's performed flawlessly for over a year now. Get one and you won't be disappointed. I'm waiting for my new Mossy Oak Brush Nikon Camo Coyote scope in 4.5-14x40 to come in. It's going on my R15.
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users