• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:30 AM

Hi Guys....I just finished up a couple of new howlers and posted them on the RedHunterLLC website.These howlers belong to our new "Long Horn" howler line and wear the Long Horn badge. Read the details at the RedHunterLLC store. We've also priced them right. Here is a photo of one.Attached File  Raging_Lonhorn_Coyote_Howler_1.jpg   113.58KB   62 downloads While we're here....let me ask you hunters a question. What features would you like to see incorporated into a coyote howler?How would you like it to look? Any particular accessories? Give me some opinions, feedback, suggestions concerning what you think the "ideal" cow horn coyote howler should look, feel and sound like.Thanks...Red

#2 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 30 June 2009 - 06:50 PM

Ohh, that's pretty. A braided leather, over the shoulder lanyard would be cool. Like the ones they used to put on black powder horns. A reed protector that has it's own little lanyard coming off the big one would be nice too.

#3 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:12 PM

I like them deep sounding, like an alpha male. Oh, and all the accessories that clampdaddy just mentioned. That's a sweet looking howler Red!

#4 tawnoper

tawnoper

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:26 AM

How would you like it to look? Any particular accessories? Give me some opinions, feedback, suggestions concerning what you think the "ideal" cow horn coyote howler should look, feel and sound like.Thanks...Red

I like the sound you get from cow horn but I'd like to see one a little on the smaller side. One that doesn't require a lot of air to operate. I can get some pretty good puppy yips from a critr call standard and it doesn't require a lot of air to operate, so a cow horn howler with a tone board similar to that would be nice. I like a howler that produces higher pitch howls along with puppy yips but ease of use is important too.

#5 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:29 AM

Very Nice.

#6 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:50 AM

Thanks for the input guys. I had wanted to add the leather lanyard but we are always interested in keeping labor and costs down. The question for us always is: do we put a howler with all of the bells and buzzers on it up for sale an an increased price or sell a basic unit for a reduced price that can be customized by the user? If we offer the more expensive, dressed out unit...maybe some guys won't be able to afford it. Rigging it with a leather lanyard and a reed protector would add another $20 to the price.We have several models on the smaller side, like theseAttached File  Dark_Horse.jpg   97.2KB   54 downloadsIf somebody is looking for smaller & lighter....The Dark Horse Coyote Howler is a smaller, thinner walled, lightweight cow horn (weighs less than 4-ounces) with great pitch and a nice feel. The cow horn is 7-inches long with an opening diameter of almost 2-inches. It's small and super light and easy to carry. It has a bail affixed to it for a clip or a lanyard. The soundboard gives a good howl as well as barks, yips and ki-yi's. This smaller howler is less than $30.I am always open to suggestions so if there are any special features that you guys think are must-haves...let me know and we'll build them.

#7 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:09 AM

Looks Good Red.

#8 Rich Cronk

Rich Cronk

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Calling predators and building predator calls

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:40 AM

Those are nice looking howlers. They appear to have a "YellerDog" tone board for a voice, so they likely sound good also. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

#9 tawnoper

tawnoper

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:34 PM

Thanks for the input guys. I had wanted to add the leather lanyard but we are always interested in keeping labor and costs down. The question for us always is: do we put a howler with all of the bells and buzzers on it up for sale an an increased price or sell a basic unit for a reduced price that can be customized by the user? If we offer the more expensive, dressed out unit...maybe some guys won't be able to afford it. Rigging it with a leather lanyard and a reed protector would add another $20 to the price.We have several models on the smaller side, like theseAttached File  Dark_Horse.jpg   97.2KB   54 downloadsIf somebody is looking for smaller & lighter....The Dark Horse Coyote Howler is a smaller, thinner walled, lightweight cow horn (weighs less than 4-ounces) with great pitch and a nice feel. The cow horn is 7-inches long with an opening diameter of almost 2-inches. It's small and super light and easy to carry. It has a bail affixed to it for a clip or a lanyard. The soundboard gives a good howl as well as barks, yips and ki-yi's. This smaller howler is less than $30.I am always open to suggestions so if there are any special features that you guys think are must-haves...let me know and we'll build them.

Well, I'm a sucker for a nice call. Just ordered the Dark Horse...looking forward to getting it.

#10 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:03 PM

Thanks for the kind words Rich. I have always admired your work. B) Regards...Red

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users