8 replies to this topic

#1 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:08 PM

How do you know it it hooked up correctly? I moved up my pull weight from like 63.4 lbs to 68.5, and after shooting the bow a couple times the peep site came undone and snaped back at me lol. it didn't hit me but i wasn't sure how to tie it correctly and exactle how tight and or loose(slack) it should have. I made it tight at one time and i had a full circle of view something i hadnt noticed before but then, it was so tight that the band was slowly comming untied. I tried several times, but then i tied it loose like it was when i bought it. not sure how my long my knott will last, but i was never really happy with the peep site anyways. Back in 1988 i had another bow but i cant remember how i sited it in back then. i know it wasn't a peep site though. i'd like to get rid of it to elimate any problems in the field, seems like the band can come off too easy and ruin your hunting day. any suggestions thx robert
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#2 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 11:46 PM

Okay i was looking on the net. has anyone ever used hind site? if you go to their web its seems pretty cool. what do u guys think
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#3 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,770 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:12 AM

Sites What are sites? :smiley_kewlpics: Your going to need another person to help you get the site in right. Find a bow tech to help you with it. Lots of people just use the pins with out any kind of peep site . Try that out and see what happens . That string that came lose is fore making sure the peep site is strait when at full draw. Sites are just one more thing to go wrong at the wrong time.IMO. Good luck. Robert this is Obywon feel the force get in touch with your instincts chuck the sites. :smiley_kewlpics: Had to say that.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#4 sagedog

sagedog

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:02 AM

go to a reputable shop, or look online for a book or video. I'll bet you can even find something on youtube.
Press Alt+F4, it's AWESOME!

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,471 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:04 AM

I vote for the reputable shop. Youtube is another matter. :g-hog-poppin-up-ani:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#6 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 05:58 PM

thx for the info. tomorrow is my day off ill go to a shop and see what they say thx

#7 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 06:43 PM

Robert, if you serve the peep properly you will never have the problem of it falling out or moving on you. over time you can get some string creep and will either have to adjust your peep which is the best method, or move your pins to acommodate the movement your peep hs made. they do have peeps that do not need to have a piece of tubing to be aligned properly, especially if you use a stringloop. I used to use the peep with no tubing but switched to the tubing because it wll allways be in alignment and I just keep extra tubing under the foam of my quiver and a couple of pieces in the case for my broadheads. Shooting instinctive is great but if you want to be able to hit what you're aiming at I'd suggest useing sights especially in areas where your average shot is 40 yards or more. :two-cents:

#8 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:33 PM

thx I am looking at my options, i called my local archery store they have another bow string like the zebra brand, i have to order it and it will cost about 100$. it will not twist they said and so does the web site. with the post from ch on about the camping issue i am so mad that i dont know if i want to buy it now. im tired of paying these taxes for nothing!!

#9 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:07 PM

Robert the zebra syring is good, I used it for a while then went with a winners choice string which in my opinion is as good or better and costs less. when I had both of these strings they did not twist but all strings creep over time. when you buy a new string be sure to keep your old one for a back up, I was in Texas ind my string broke and no archery shop had a string for my bow in stock so I had them put my old string on to finish the hunt Ron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users