7 replies to this topic

#1 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:45 PM

I seen a foam block that is at a archery club that i belong too. I have tried to locate one but they are expensive 900 for a 4x8x3. any ideas so i can practice with the broadheads at home on what i can use that is bigger then what u buy at bass pros or the others. I need something maybe half the size that is mentioned above. just in case so i dont hit my block wall at home thx
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#2 bigunn0_0

bigunn0_0

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:50 AM

Rude last year there is a place around here that does foam work for building ,Like colums and trim around windows , I needed foam for shipping large remote contoled aircraft. they had a lot of scrap peices. You can glue them together with hot glue. you can get a foam cutter a craft shop, to square the edges, cost about five bucks plus 2 "D" cell batteries. They usally will give you scraps and big pieces too wouldn't take much to make what you want. Look around for foam companies. Hope that helps. bigunn

#3 sagedog

sagedog

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:55 AM

I've heard of people getting large foam blocks from a Tractor Supply Co. store, they use them when shipping trailers. If you have a store locally, give them a shot.
Press Alt+F4, it's AWESOME!

#4 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 06:40 PM

thx for the info
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#5 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:46 PM

Get a few Black Hole blocks from Big 5...dirt cheap.

#6 rabiddog

rabiddog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:11 AM

if you wait till wal mart gets their archery stuff in they usually carry targets you can shoot broad heads at. they are the big burlap sack targets and usually fairly cheap.
HISTORY, IN GENERAL,ONLY INFORMS US OF WHAT BAD GOVERNMENT IS. THOMAS JEFFERSONANYONE WHO TRADES LIBERTY FOR SECURITY DESERVES NEITHER LIBERTY OR SECURITY. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

#7 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:04 PM

thx

#8 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:58 PM

Or if you have the space you can make a large sand box and shoot into that. Just make sure you have a lot of sand and no rocks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users