19 replies to this topic

#1 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 01:27 AM

Okay, I am looking for the best broadheads for the money plus they need to be accurate. I want to be able to fix the blades if they break, so what do you thing between muzzy mx3 or the muzzy 3 broadheads? Is the 4 blades any better then the 3? thx robertoh i am looking for the 100 grain ones thx
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#2 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 02:29 PM

I have not used muzzy broadheads but I have used G5s,rockets ,grim reapers(expandables) and innerlocks. I have never shot 4 blade broadheads because I was told that they don"t tune as well as 3 blade or 2 blade broadheads but I have shot 2 and 3 blade innerlocks which both flew the same out of my bow so I shoot the 3 blade broadheads because of the extra cutting area with 3rd blade. You will find what kind of broadheads shoot well out of your bow and those are the ones you should use, it may be the first ones you buy or the 4th or 5th. The cheap broadheads that I've used didn't fly very straight and just were not worth the money you save. Hope this helps, Ron

#3 sagedog

sagedog

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:44 PM

I can't say enough good about the Wasp SST 4 - blade broadheads. Very similar to the muzzy, but I found them to be stronger. Out of my bow they're very consistant. Shot my first archery buck with one last year. 58 yards, busted through shoulder, rib, vitals, rib, and opposite leg bone. I'll try and find a pic of some recent penetration tests some buddies of mine and I did about a month ago. 1 1/2 phone books of penetration @ 30 yds, no damage to the broadhead. Not to mention they are very affordable.
Press Alt+F4, it's AWESOME!

#4 yotekiller85

yotekiller85

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and Fishing and spending time with my Family.

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:30 PM

Find some Rocky Mountain Priemeres 100 gr. I've been using those since I was able to hunt and have killed over ten deer with them. For 40$ you get 6 and I dont ever have problems with them flying. The exit hole looks like something a 7MM would do. Check them out.
I LIVE TO HUNT AND HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

#5 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:21 AM

oh okay, thx for the info. im not sure if bass pro sells the rocky mtn or wasp ill have to check them out. someone mentioned the muzzy to me so that is why i was looking at them plus the cost. as well as you can replace the blades. IM poor and tring not to get the wife mad at me lol
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#6 sagedog

sagedog

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:25 AM

Cabela's has them here.
Press Alt+F4, it's AWESOME!

#7 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,738 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:53 AM

Just make sure they are built strong and fly good out of your bow. Lots of good ones out there. Simple and strong.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#8 yotekiller85

yotekiller85

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and Fishing and spending time with my Family.

Posted 15 June 2009 - 10:44 PM

Just Like thumper said make sure they fly good out of your bow.
I LIVE TO HUNT AND HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

#9 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:58 AM

I use shuttle T's - they fly like laser beams, stronger than heck, and are made right here in So. Cal. (Carlsbad).

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#10 BOWUNTR

BOWUNTR

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:51 AM

I've been shooting Muzzy's for almost 20 years. First the 125 3 blade, then the 100 3 blade and now the MX3. Absolutely no reason for me to go shopping for another broadhead. Ed F

#11 ForesthillHunter

ForesthillHunter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Everything Outdoors, camping, fishing, hunting, riding my quad, 4 wheeling! I just love it!

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:43 PM

Hey fellas, I have the muzzy mx4 4 blades never had a flight problem, but I just went and got a set of Rage 2inch 2 blade broad heads. They fly straight and put em down just like they say. I've only hear nothing but praise about them. Also their blades are replacable as well.

#12 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:37 AM

I am a big fan of the 100 grain Magnus Stingers 2 blades. You get a ton of penetration and they fly great!

#13 ReconDoc242

ReconDoc242

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Medicine, Fishing, Hunting, Skydiving, Spearfishing, Schutzhund, and MMA.

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:02 PM

G5
Quien se atrebe, gana!

#14 wanapasaki

wanapasaki

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, and Fishing.. Thats about it LOL

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:30 PM

I stand behind the mx-4 muzzy 100 grains religiously. The 4 blades work like magic. I wont chance it with any other head and i don't work for muzzy :good:

#15 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:44 PM

Same here for the Muzzy 4 blade 100gr broadheads! I've used them on everything from coyotes to elk and even the extremely armored Russian boars. They stand up to everything you want to kill.
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#16 peeker seeker

peeker seeker

25-06 shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Interests:Grand kids, My dogs, My girls the rabbits and hens Hunting & fishing

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:59 PM

Like Tumper dunker hood said. I use the muzzys out of my compound . 130grn 4 blade, draw wt 75lbs. recurve 100 grn. 50 lb draw. ;) But I like the speer 100 grn sptz bt the best. :653: :1087: :1087: :1087: :oops:
Reach out to are fury friends . Use a 25-06 If runs swims or flies ,IT CAN BE DEEP FRIED OR MADE INTO A PIE mmm mmmm ANIMALS IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER. Beeman air...25-06, 223, 7mm- 08 ,7mm Rem mag .Beaman 8 cats 0. Keeper of 2 Border Collie Heelers

#17 ffcoyote

ffcoyote

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 05:35 PM

G5 Striker

#18 EthicalSportsman

EthicalSportsman

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 05:42 PM

I am a big fan of the 100 grain Magnus Stingers 2 blades. You get a ton of penetration and they fly great!

I'm addicted to the Magnus Stinger Broadhead 100 and 125 grain. the four blade or the two blades. I've hit bones with it and it still flies like a field point. I had to dig up one of the broadhead that was stuck in the bone and it still flew like a field point. Shot it at 50 and 60 yards, shooting an orange. Shoot small target and get great groupings. AIM SMALL MISS SMALL. Really recommend these to anyone. It also has a lifetime warranty on it. Got to read the packet. Great deal only $30 for three broadhead. DON'T HAVE TO TRY ANY OTHER PRODUCT AFTER THIS.

#19 nje

nje

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:family, friends,hunting, archery and BBQ.

Posted 24 February 2010 - 06:54 PM

this is only my opinion. if you want more than two blade and a replacable, shuttle t's, nearly indestructable and fly like darts. one piece head, G-5s. 2 blade, magnus stingers. mechanicals, vortex extremes with 2" or 2 1/2".

#20 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:35 PM

I'm addicted to the Magnus Stinger Broadhead 100 and 125 grain. the four blade or the two blades. I've hit bones with it and it still flies like a field point. I had to dig up one of the broadhead that was stuck in the bone and it still flew like a field point. Shot it at 50 and 60 yards, shooting an orange. Shoot small target and get great groupings. AIM SMALL MISS SMALL. Really recommend these to anyone. It also has a lifetime warranty on it. Got to read the packet. Great deal only $30 for three broadhead. DON'T HAVE TO TRY ANY OTHER PRODUCT AFTER THIS.

I have actually sent a broadhead to Magnus after it broke on some lava rocks and not only did they replace it but them gave me a second one too. You have to love a warranty like that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users