7 replies to this topic

#1 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:20 AM

It looks interesting but nobody has it in stock anywhere in So. Cal. I wanna look thru it before buying...call me crazy. Anybody got one? Whaddaya think?http://www.nikonhunt...45-14x40.html#1Posted ImagePosted ImageNikon’s Patent Pending BDC Predator Hunting Reticle Utilizes ballistic circles with carefully researched spacing that is designed around the needs of predator hunters. Unique, open circle design doesn’t obscure target, making shots on a moving coyote simple. ARD (Anti Reflective Device) Technology Eliminates game spooking glare. Nikon Multicoated Lenses Provide up to 92% light transmission and maximum brightness from dawn to dusk. Precise Hand-turn 1/4 –MOA Click Adjustments Easy-to-use positive click reticle adjustments get you zeroed in quicker and maintain your setting—even with heavy recoil. Generous Eye Relief For easy sighting in difficult shooting positions. Quick Focus Eyepiece Allows the shooter to instantly bring the reticle into sharp focus. Waterproof/Fogproof Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed.

#2 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:58 AM

I don't know about the glare reducer thingie, but I use the Nikon BDC 4.5-14x40 on my Model 10 in 223. I had mine dipped in camo though. I really like the scope, a lot.Posted Image
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#3 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:48 AM

Good enough for me...it's coming via opticsplanet next week. Thanks! The stock simmons scope on the Predator isn't good enough for the distances i wanna shoot.EDIT: Opticsplanet sux! AFTER taking my order and promising immediate delivery they email me and tell the rings are on backorder. Arrggg!!! I hate it when online vendors mislead buyers.

#4 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:11 PM

the problem with optic planet is they don't post on the site if it's back ordered until you place an order. I wrote to them and told them that sucks they never wrote back LOL.I was thinking on ordering a bdc but am not sure if I would like the small circles I am use to the cross.

#5 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:00 AM

I have 2 nikons with the bdc reticle and like them both very much. I now have purchased a nikon with a mil dot reticle, I've only shot it a few times and really like the mil dot. The problem with mil dot is they only offer it in the higher power scopes.

#6 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:53 PM

I have called everyone in So. Cal. and nobody has this scope in stock Double arrgg!

#7 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:39 PM

Bruce, cabelas has the pro staff in stock. It's pretty much the same scope but not camoflage.

#8 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:28 AM

I wanna compare a variety of scopes (including this one) someplace but that doesn't seem possible. Ahhh life in Kalifornistan.EDIT: Viewing it before buying was a PITA so i took it from an ebayer (new) for under $300. w/ shipping! Yay!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users