5 replies to this topic

#1 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:54 PM

22" barrel w/ 1:12 twist hates Federal PremiumŪ V-ShokŪ 43gr nontoxic ammo and I am told anything over 55gr is gonna be a problem. Anyone know what ammo will find the sweet spot in this 22-250?

#2 rabiddog

rabiddog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:17 PM

dont knock a bullet before you try it. my dad had a savage 22-250 that would shoot one hole 3 shot groups at 100 all day long with everything he fed it,from 50 gr. vmax all the way up to 70 gr speer bthp and sp. but i am talkin no condor range to worry bout up here. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: try a little of everything and see what happens your gun may love heavier bullets. :pirashoot:
HISTORY, IN GENERAL,ONLY INFORMS US OF WHAT BAD GOVERNMENT IS. THOMAS JEFFERSONANYONE WHO TRADES LIBERTY FOR SECURITY DESERVES NEITHER LIBERTY OR SECURITY. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

#3 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:50 AM

Savage is saying exactly the opposite to me...said to shoot 40gr Vmax and nothing higher for best performance. WTF? The 43gr was everywhere!

#4 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,192 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:06 PM

Was it grouping to the left then right if so maybe the scope came loose that happened to me a few times.Do you shoot off a solid rest?

#5 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,688 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:42 PM

Try the 55gr they should work great out of that. Get them going fast.60gr should do good if you get them going. Not going to hurt to try.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#6 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:57 PM

Was it grouping to the left then right if so maybe the scope came loose that happened to me a few times.Do you shoot off a solid rest?

I had a pro adjust and sight in the scope. It was spot on at 25 yards but at 100 yards the pattern was all over within a 4" pattern. Was anchored to a lead sled and shot by three experienced shooters. The nontoxic ammo was deemed the culprit by unanimous decision. Will try the Remmy 55 gr next.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users