6 replies to this topic

#1 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:22 AM

I have been searching the dfg site for regs concerning the use of electyronic callers but their search engine sucks eggs! I need to familiarize myself with them...can anybody direct me to the regulations specific to using a FoxPro? TIA

#2 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:01 AM

I believe you are good with Coyotes, Bobcats and Crows.. Now foxes can be called in and shot while using an electronic call..

#3 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:09 AM

I believe you are good with Coyotes, Bobcats and Crows.. Now foxes can be called in and shot while using an electronic call..

I wanna have actual DFG regs on my person when hunting in case I run into anyone who challenges the legality of using a caller. Thus my desire for the link.

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,667 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:12 AM

Recorded or electrically amplified bird or mammal calls or sounds or recorded or electrically amplified imitations of bird or mammal calls or sounds may not be used to take any nongame bird or nongame mammal except coyotes, bobcats, American crows and starlings.

#5 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:10 AM

Go to the DFG site http://www.dfg.ca.gov/regulations/ and open the Mammal Hunting Regulations. Then on page 44, section 475, you will find the quote that Shooter John posted above.

#6 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:18 PM

Many thanks guys!

#7 Moe

Moe

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:39 AM

"Recorded or electrically amplified bird or mammal calls or sounds or recorded or electrically amplified imitations of bird or mammal calls or sounds may not be used to take any nongame bird or nongame mammal except coyotes, bobcats, American crows and starlings."Wow......What a bummer. Living that close to the border I'd think they allow you to shoot a few Mexican crows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users