4 replies to this topic

#1 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:44 PM

If this is true, why are all the safes I see designed to hold rifles & shotguns vertically and not horizontally?Taken from the Hunter Safety Course:Store guns horizontally, or with the muzzle pointing down. When guns are stored upright, gravity pulls gun oil downward into the action, which forms a sticky film. Oil also can drain onto the stock, softening the wood.Posted Image

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:59 PM

Takes to much space to store them that way. I don't put enough oil in the bore of a cleaned gun to run down inside. :ph34r:

#3 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:14 PM

If you use too much oil then never use your guns what does it matter if all that oil runs into the actions.Let me take care of them for you and i will make sure they stay clean.

#4 Stan

Stan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:31 PM

Look herehttp://www.amsecusa.com/http://www.amsecusa....MSEC_GS_Bro.pdf for price PDF on safesThen look at the price I dodnt think you will purchase a safe to store 30 rifles horizontallyPS dodn't forget the dehumidifier they work great!

#5 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:23 PM

squirrelduster is actually hooking me up w/ a BF model soon, we're just waiting on some extras (lights, drawers, and yes, a dehumidifier too!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users