• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BowhunterGonzo

BowhunterGonzo

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Hunting is all new to me but it has over come fishing. with my bow i can do it all. but now that i got my air rifle, that i will only use for birds, (my arrows ruined to much meat.) i can now embark on a new found interest. HUNTING and the outdoors. besides that i just play videos games and hang out with friends. Spend time at the local watering holes.

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:53 PM

Its been a while since my last reply or topic. last time i was on here i was blabbing about my beeman rs1 and getting ready for the spring turkey season. well i got ready and it paid off. i was one of 4 or 5 in my hunting club to get his or her turkey. the sweetest part is i did it on my first time hunt with a bow on the second day of opening weekend. it was a cold sunday morning. the dew was thick in the air. it was 6:30 am when we hiked in and set up our blind. at 7:30 we saw the first group of turkeys of in the distance fly down from the tree. we started calling shortly after. about 10 mins of calling went by when i saw uncle tom struting his stuff my way. i picked up my bow very slowly and when i came to full dram he saw my bright flecthing and bleeped. the next thing you know, 15 turkeys got close to him and stayed very quite. i had no shot. he bleeped again and they all ran around behind the hill. now i was mad such a great shot wasted. i went out and moved the decoys closer to us and add more stuff to the blind. its now 8:00 and my buddys playing on his psp. i look up and put my coffee down and i see a bird walking in fast. i grab my bow and draw and ask my buddy 20 or 30...nothing...20 or 30...nothing so i put the 30 on him and shot and dropped Mr. Tom in his spot. my buddy yelled F*** as an arrow flew right past him, and as he dropped his psp.by the time he knew what had happened my turkey was dead and two more turkeys were still coming in. he picked up his bow instead of his psp and got himself a turkey as well.

Attached Files

#2 SpokaneSlayer

SpokaneSlayer

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:44 AM

Well done! I got skunked this year. I missed a bird that had about a 10" beard on him. 6:30 am?!?! Must be nice. Up here in Washington, if I'm not set up by 5 at the beginning of the season or 4 at the end, I'm really late.

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,668 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:55 AM

Nice one! Thanks for sharing it with us. :lol:

#4 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,834 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:13 AM

Way to go. :lol:

#5 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:19 AM

:lol: Congrats

#6 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:55 AM

Way to go! Great job!!!

#7 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:51 PM

Nice!!! :lol:

#8 mackeralboy

mackeralboy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • Interests:Hunting anything above or below the water. Kayaking, Backpacking, Scuba, Surfing, anything outdoors.

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:00 PM

Great Job BG! I'm envious as I didn't get a chance to hit the Turkeys this spring. :)

#9 BowhunterGonzo

BowhunterGonzo

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Hunting is all new to me but it has over come fishing. with my bow i can do it all. but now that i got my air rifle, that i will only use for birds, (my arrows ruined to much meat.) i can now embark on a new found interest. HUNTING and the outdoors. besides that i just play videos games and hang out with friends. Spend time at the local watering holes.

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:57 PM

it was a very thrilling hunt. i had a blast. i was shaking for about 3 min after i shot the tastiest bird i've ever eaten!. man was that 30lb good. he fed a pool party for 4 days straight during that brief heat wave. i'm really looking forward to my pig coming up soon. really soon. and wait there's more, dear season is fast approaching, i'm getting my bow all laced up for the new season, as well as a new set of arrows and broad heads. tick tock tick tock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users