5 replies to this topic

#1 GoldBarron

GoldBarron

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:06 PM

I have a question about paper tuning a bow with a fall away rest. I tuned my bow the best I could and it still has a high tear. If I try to lower my nocking point or raise my rest any more the fletching starts to hit the rest. The rest instructions say to set the knock up to an 1/8" to 1/4" high. The question is am I always going to get a high tear with a fall away rest? Right now I am shooting a prety good group but am wondering if it could be better. Thanks for any insight on my problem. Information that might help belowBow: Parker made Cabelas Persuer XP draw length set at 30" draw weight about 65lb. left handRest: QAD ultra rest huntertiller is 10 1/4" top and bottom.using a release and string loop

#2 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:09 PM

Paper tuning is a funny thing, because there is so many variables that can change you're arrow flight. You can try changing you're draw weight up or down a bi tor it could be you're arrow length/spine. Do you knock you're arrows with the cock feather up or down ? I used to use the cock feather down and switched to feather up and it allowed me to lower my rest a bit and not have contact issues. I would say that if you are grouping well and you're broadheads are flying straight then you will be ok... Ron

#3 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,681 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:51 PM

Im no expert with wheel bows But Im pretty sure your cock vane should be strait up with that set up. Back up and see what happens.I realy do not care what happens at ten feet its what happens at 15-20 yards and beyond that conts.IMO.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#4 GoldBarron

GoldBarron

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 05:04 AM

Thanks for the replys. I am shooting the cock vane up. At the end I was shooting at about 10 yards.

#5 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:36 PM

Im no expert with wheel bows But Im pretty sure your cock vane should be strait up with that set up. Back up and see what happens.I realy do not care what happens at ten feet its what happens at 15-20 yards and beyond that conts.IMO.

With a standard arrow rest( not the whisker bisuit) you go with cock feather down but with the drop aways I've always been told cock feather up and I've been shooting drop away rests for several years now. I'm sure you can google the subject and find out what the pros are doing but feather up always works for me. Thanks, Ron

#6 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,681 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:11 PM

Thats what I said :roflmao3[1]: I think. But on all my stuff the cock feather is sticking out to the left. But I shoot that old out dated stuff. I want july to hurry up and get here.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users