Photo

Get ready for the new Registration fees !!!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 204destroyer

204destroyer

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:06 PM

Could not believe it, went to the post office today and there was my registration bill for my Honda Trail 90 1969 model. I could not believe my eyes. Just to register this make believe motor cycle in the great state of California is now $70.00 for 1 year. Of course it has tags and is street legal, but I'm not sure it will be anymore. I may just get a offroad sticker. This is scary I wonder what the tags will be for the 06 Dodge 3/4 ton diesel this year. I may need to sell all my belongings just to pay fees. :roflmao3[1]:

#2 Hookum

Hookum

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:I hunt biggame, upland, waterfowl and now varmits.
    Love the shooting sports. Rifle,pistol and shotgun. I fish both freshwater and salt.

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:38 PM

My 06 Dodge 1/2 ton had a $200.00 weight fee this year plus the registration.
Take no guff, cut no slack, hookum, bookum and don't look back.

#3 DBAR

DBAR

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:39 PM

The wifey's lil car went from $70 a year to $219 a year!!!! WTF this state is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:27 PM

My '74 Honda Trail 90 was $78.00. I just pulled the insurance and non-opt it as I have used it mostly to get around on private ranches. The state just lost money.

#5 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:31 PM

Holy COW... I must have missed these fees... My truck was just under 500, and then 40.00 for the specialty plates I added... So it was only a few dollars more than before. BUT I did the tags before Feb..
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#6 Pogo

Pogo

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:47 PM

Yep. It is crazy. Try owning a hay truck or two, gross weight 80,000lbs. Or a hay squeeze. Or several pickups that weigh 8k or so. I have one pickup that got registered at my place on the Oregon side. Registration is $35 for two years for a newer one ton pickup, and that includes a late filing fee as it had been expired for a few months before I was pulled over. It is BS like this that has just about convinced me to move back into OR. Family has owned this place for three generations, I bought it from them and feel like I'm getting run off. Hard to make an honest living in this state anymore.
"I grew up poor. It's the people who are born with money who jump out of windows."---Lee TrevinoDo NOT spread my wealth. Spread my work ethic.Four out of five politicians surveyed prefer unarmed, ignorant peasants.Many people imply, with bad jokes, that Cajuns are unintelligent; however, anyone that would build a city 10 feet below sea level in a Hurricane zone and fill it with Democrats is a genius.

#7 novaman64

novaman64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting, hunting, muscle cars, snow skiing, wakeboarding, barefooting, camping, horses, livestock

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:50 AM

I just paid the fees on my Silverado, $200 in weight fees, very ridiculous!I got the fees for my race bikes too, which are both red sticker offroad track only bikes. $52 each and they never see public land!

#8 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:06 AM

I read in the paper they want to raise it again. Hold on folks!

#9 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:14 AM

My 06 Dodge deisel was $641 this year, but I think I beet the price hike this year. My 77 Chevy was $174, was going down all the time. Now it seems like it just keeps going up. :g-hog-poppin-up-ani:
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#10 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:56 AM

I checked and I didnt miss out on the higher fees after all.. Last year my truck was cheaper.. And I also read that they are wanting another 15.00 increase.. I cant wait til we are done with Calif and can go somewhere else.. IM so sick of the added fees for everything we do here. Its just rediculous.
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#11 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:13 PM

Ya my 06 car went from $175 to$290

#12 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 10:59 PM

i wonder what it will cost for our atv??
Freedom isn't free, It's paid for in blood! How wonderful, how marvelous is my Saviors love is for Me. He said that it's finished, the debt has been paid for in full.

#13 novaman64

novaman64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting, hunting, muscle cars, snow skiing, wakeboarding, barefooting, camping, horses, livestock

Posted 22 June 2009 - 07:11 AM

Should be $52

#14 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 07:50 AM

yes they went up this year again on the ATV and Motorcycles to $52 it was $50 two years ago $25 every two years.

#15 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:47 PM

The only place CA DMV has OR beat is in utility trailer registrations. The last year I registered in CA (2006) the tags & weight fee for my '05 GMC were just shy of $600, moved to OR and the fee was $122 for title transfer, new plates, and two years worth of registration. The offroad stickers for my ATV's are $10.50 every other year. :g-hog-poppin-up-ani:
Oregon Hunter's Association memberE. Clampus Vitus Estanislao Chapter 58, Humbug Chapter 73, and Umpqua Joe Outpost 1859 memberIf you can't fix it with a hammer, then you've got an electrical problem.

#16 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:04 PM

Well, now that oregon has the fastest growing welfare rate (24.5%) in the country they might just have to change that. Sorry Wes, I was reading the wall street journal yesterday and I just couldn't resist that one. :smiley_turkey_pop_up_log: :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:There's that damned old horse again! :flag: :drinks:
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#17 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,277 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:17 PM

:bleh[1]:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users