Photo

Get ready for the new Registration fees !!!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 204destroyer

204destroyer

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:06 PM

Could not believe it, went to the post office today and there was my registration bill for my Honda Trail 90 1969 model. I could not believe my eyes. Just to register this make believe motor cycle in the great state of California is now $70.00 for 1 year. Of course it has tags and is street legal, but I'm not sure it will be anymore. I may just get a offroad sticker. This is scary I wonder what the tags will be for the 06 Dodge 3/4 ton diesel this year. I may need to sell all my belongings just to pay fees. :roflmao3[1]:

#2 Hookum

Hookum

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:I hunt biggame, upland, waterfowl and now varmits.
    Love the shooting sports. Rifle,pistol and shotgun. I fish both freshwater and salt.

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:38 PM

My 06 Dodge 1/2 ton had a $200.00 weight fee this year plus the registration.

#3 DBAR

DBAR

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:39 PM

The wifey's lil car went from $70 a year to $219 a year!!!! WTF this state is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 Rimrock

Rimrock

Big Kahuna

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:27 PM

My '74 Honda Trail 90 was $78.00. I just pulled the insurance and non-opt it as I have used it mostly to get around on private ranches. The state just lost money.

#5 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:31 PM

Holy COW... I must have missed these fees... My truck was just under 500, and then 40.00 for the specialty plates I added... So it was only a few dollars more than before. BUT I did the tags before Feb..

#6 Pogo

Pogo

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:47 PM

Yep. It is crazy. Try owning a hay truck or two, gross weight 80,000lbs. Or a hay squeeze. Or several pickups that weigh 8k or so. I have one pickup that got registered at my place on the Oregon side. Registration is $35 for two years for a newer one ton pickup, and that includes a late filing fee as it had been expired for a few months before I was pulled over. It is BS like this that has just about convinced me to move back into OR. Family has owned this place for three generations, I bought it from them and feel like I'm getting run off. Hard to make an honest living in this state anymore.

#7 novaman64

novaman64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting, hunting, muscle cars, snow skiing, wakeboarding, barefooting, camping, horses, livestock

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:50 AM

I just paid the fees on my Silverado, $200 in weight fees, very ridiculous!I got the fees for my race bikes too, which are both red sticker offroad track only bikes. $52 each and they never see public land!

#8 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:06 AM

I read in the paper they want to raise it again. Hold on folks!

#9 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:14 AM

My 06 Dodge deisel was $641 this year, but I think I beet the price hike this year. My 77 Chevy was $174, was going down all the time. Now it seems like it just keeps going up. :g-hog-poppin-up-ani:

#10 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:56 AM

I checked and I didnt miss out on the higher fees after all.. Last year my truck was cheaper.. And I also read that they are wanting another 15.00 increase.. I cant wait til we are done with Calif and can go somewhere else.. IM so sick of the added fees for everything we do here. Its just rediculous.

#11 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:13 PM

Ya my 06 car went from $175 to$290

#12 rude robert

rude robert

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 10:59 PM

i wonder what it will cost for our atv??

#13 novaman64

novaman64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting, hunting, muscle cars, snow skiing, wakeboarding, barefooting, camping, horses, livestock

Posted 22 June 2009 - 07:11 AM

Should be $52

#14 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 07:50 AM

yes they went up this year again on the ATV and Motorcycles to $52 it was $50 two years ago $25 every two years.

#15 lilwes278

lilwes278

SATISFACTORY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, fishing, four wheeling, riding ATV's, camping, and the various ECV activities...

Posted 22 June 2009 - 12:47 PM

The only place CA DMV has OR beat is in utility trailer registrations. The last year I registered in CA (2006) the tags & weight fee for my '05 GMC were just shy of $600, moved to OR and the fee was $122 for title transfer, new plates, and two years worth of registration. The offroad stickers for my ATV's are $10.50 every other year. :g-hog-poppin-up-ani:

#16 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:04 PM

Well, now that oregon has the fastest growing welfare rate (24.5%) in the country they might just have to change that. Sorry Wes, I was reading the wall street journal yesterday and I just couldn't resist that one. :smiley_turkey_pop_up_log: :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:There's that damned old horse again! :flag: :drinks:

#17 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,356 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:17 PM

:bleh[1]:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users