4 replies to this topic

#1 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:55 PM

Sitting on top of Otay Mountain shooting my new Sig p220 and doing a good sight-in on my Mac1 Disco. I'm really amazed at the accuracy of this rifle! I sighted in at a 30 yard zero, then worked in at 5 yard increments to 5 yards, (strange you have to hold two dots over at 5 yards - I would have thought a hold under was in order) then out to 60 yards. I got a good range card established now, so I'm ready for just about any shot that presents itself. Started plinking at expended shotgun shells that were scattered out to 80 yards away, and either hit them, or came real close (four dots high at 80 yards). As an added bonus, I picked up about 300 shiny new .45 cases some goober left for me. My pants were falling down I had them loaded up so much.. now if I can just find powder...I just love this rifle - and would have spent more time up there looking for squeeks, but got a phone call from a friend - a family of squirrels are decimating his vegetable garden and to get down there pronto and take care of them. Good friend that I am, I of course had to oblige his wishes. Managed to get two of the youngsters, but the rest of the family held low, so I'll take care of them tomorrow.Posted Image

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:50 PM

Good job on the sight-in and great find on the .45 brass. Been there and done that with the pants sagging due to being loaded with brass. :smiley-funny-post-sign:

#3 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 15 May 2009 - 07:53 PM

Good job....these rifles are awesome...I sighted mine in at 20 yards...so this means a 3.3 mil dot holdover at 80 yards in my case...the reason you have "holdover" at 5 yards is your scope height(center) over your barrel (center) known as LOS (line of sight).....mine happens to be 1.75"...(Scope center above barrel center)...so at 5 yards,mine is shooting at 1.14" low...and +0.11" at 30 yards...so the trajectory of your pellet depends on your LOS and power and BC of the pellet.......mine is a .22 cal shooting 905 FPS (average) on a 2000 PSI fill....We should hook up sometime...I hunt squeeks out in Cleveland Nat;l forrest...near Descanso....Posted Image

#4 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:41 PM

Of course - Distance of the scope above the barrel! I should have thought of that...I'll give you a PM when I'm in town in a couple of weeks (I'm working in Ohio on a project for 2-3 months more - I get to come home every other weekend though). If you are available we'll go out and see what damage we can do... I like the descanso area. I also have access to a 40 acre private ranch in Tierra del sol that butts up against another 1000 acres of BLM land.

#5 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 16 May 2009 - 04:49 AM

Sounds good...have a good trip...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users