• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 microtus

microtus

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Interests:About average for everybody else in here.

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:34 AM

I have no hunted with a bow in over 10 years. The bow that I last used was a 65-80 lb Bear First Strike XLR. I bought it new a few years earlier. It was put away in the back of a closet and forgotten about until recently. I have no idea how long ago, but the fast-flight string has broken. It may have been sitting like that for...well 10 years. It has steel cables so all the pressure is not off of the limbs.If I were to restring the bow would I have to worry about wrapping a limb across the top of my head when drawing? Buying a new bow is out of the question as I was recently laid off from work.

#2 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:00 PM

Just take it to the bow shop and have him check out the limbs, you should be able to see any damage without much problem, you'll need some one with a bowpress to replace the sting anyway so he can do both at the same time

#3 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 16 May 2009 - 12:36 AM

Ditto on what jawbraker said just have a bow guy check it out. If its warped you can replace the limbs way cheaper than getting another good compond. I bet its ok.

#4 microtus

microtus

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • Interests:About average for everybody else in here.

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:07 AM

Sounds like the planed route then, thanks. I've been laid off from work (electrician) so buying a new bow would be bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users