• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 microtus

microtus

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Interests:About average for everybody else in here.

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:34 AM

I have no hunted with a bow in over 10 years. The bow that I last used was a 65-80 lb Bear First Strike XLR. I bought it new a few years earlier. It was put away in the back of a closet and forgotten about until recently. I have no idea how long ago, but the fast-flight string has broken. It may have been sitting like that for...well 10 years. It has steel cables so all the pressure is not off of the limbs.If I were to restring the bow would I have to worry about wrapping a limb across the top of my head when drawing? Buying a new bow is out of the question as I was recently laid off from work.
Watching the government rape the 4th to pillage the 2nd.

#2 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:00 PM

Just take it to the bow shop and have him check out the limbs, you should be able to see any damage without much problem, you'll need some one with a bowpress to replace the sting anyway so he can do both at the same time

#3 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,749 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 16 May 2009 - 12:36 AM

Ditto on what jawbraker said just have a bow guy check it out. If its warped you can replace the limbs way cheaper than getting another good compond. I bet its ok.
You can hop but you can't hide. Yahi Bowmen. Its not how far you can shoot but how close to the game you get when you shoot. Sights we don't need any sights. Why waist time reloading when I can be making arrows.

#4 microtus

microtus

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Interests:About average for everybody else in here.

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:07 AM

Sounds like the planed route then, thanks. I've been laid off from work (electrician) so buying a new bow would be bad.
Watching the government rape the 4th to pillage the 2nd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users