5 replies to this topic

#1 mick

mick

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:01 AM

Hello all, I'm new to the forum and would like to ask a question. I have an LC Smith .410 and the rib has started to separate from the barrel. I want to get it fixed. Any recommendation on a gunsmith who can do the job right.mick

#2 Hookum

Hookum

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:I hunt biggame, upland, waterfowl and now varmits.
    Love the shooting sports. Rifle,pistol and shotgun. I fish both freshwater and salt.

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:23 PM

Hello Mick and welcome. I have had several old double guns resoldered by Diablo Valley Gun Works in Pleasant Hill Ca. I know its across the state, but I have been happy wilth his work. His number is 925 676-4117 (Bill Seagrave) Good luck

#3 mick

mick

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:44 PM

Thanks. My brother in law lives in Concord. It's a good old gun and I've had it since I was a kid. I'd like to be able to shoot it again.mick

#4 Hookum

Hookum

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:I hunt biggame, upland, waterfowl and now varmits.
    Love the shooting sports. Rifle,pistol and shotgun. I fish both freshwater and salt.

Posted 06 May 2009 - 04:41 PM

Bye the way how did you manage an L.C. in .410., Lucky guy.

#5 mick

mick

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:09 PM

My dad bought it for me as my first shotgun back in 1964. I was 8 years old. What's better yet, he got if from our postman. How things have changed...mick

#6 BDOG

BDOG

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:55 AM

Mick,You lucky dog. That is one of my dream guns. Do not send that piece to just any gunsmith. Those are difficult to do right repairs and deserve nothing but the best . Go to this link and these folks will tell you who is the best for that repair. http://www.doublegun.../ubbthreads.phpI wish I had one like thatBDOG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users