#1 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:28 AM

Lug this thing everywhere...only adjust contents based on hunting area....when i hunt alone in Cleveland Nat'l Forrest, I take gear in pic below...not shown(water/food)...Posted ImageBesides the obvious...yellow box is a snake bite kit...and I only take blind turkey hunting...

#2 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 04 May 2009 - 06:43 PM

Isn't hard to lead that blind turkey around when out hunting?? lolJ/KNice lookin setup. What bag is that??
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#3 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:42 AM

Looks well organized. Everyone's set of gear probably varies based on personal experience and needs. For example, I carry a .45 auto on my belt when hunting here in Northern Arizona. Around here, we get a lot of two legged visitors heading north from across the border, and for the second time in four months, I spotted cougar tracks around the same water hole. I'm out there armed with an airgun. From a distance, the two legged visitors wouldn't know the rifle isn't a powder burner, but the four legged critter could care less.A cougar was spotted last week about a half mile from our house. I hunt alone, so I also carry a GPS locator. Not the kind that tells me where I am, but the kind that transmits my location back to my wife's computer here in Arizona, and also to our son's computer in California. Better safe than sorry. My kit varies a bit by season also. It's good to be prepared.
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#4 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:10 PM

Isn't hard to lead that blind turkey around when out hunting?? lolJ/KNice lookin setup. What bag is that??

Wish I could have found some blind turkeys...LOL...The pack is a Fieldline...Walmart carried them....got the last one they had last year on a red tag sale for $6.00...In hot weather,I add a 2 liter Hydro bladder...

#5 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:15 PM

Looks well organized. Everyone's set of gear probably varies based on personal experience and needs. For example, I carry a .45 auto on my belt when hunting here in Northern Arizona. Around here, we get a lot of two legged visitors heading north from across the border, and for the second time in four months, I spotted cougar tracks around the same water hole. I'm out there armed with an airgun. From a distance, the two legged visitors wouldn't know the rifle isn't a powder burner, but the four legged critter could care less.A cougar was spotted last week about a half mile from our house. I hunt alone, so I also carry a GPS locator. Not the kind that tells me where I am, but the kind that transmits my location back to my wife's computer here in Arizona, and also to our son's computer in California. Better safe than sorry. My kit varies a bit by season also. It's good to be prepared.

Cougars..?? I'll just call in an air strike from Miramar Marine air station... :signgreatreport3kg:

#6 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 05:02 AM

My wife just told me there was a mountaion lion incident involving two people in Cleveland Nat'l Forest yesterday...It happened near Lake Elsinore,Ca...--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Mountain lion mauls dog that defended ownersThe Associated Press 10:24 p.m. May 5, 2009LAKE ELSINORE, Calif. — A mountain lion attacked and nearly killed a dog that defended its owners Tuesday on a trail in the Santa Ana Mountains. The dog was severely mauled in the stomach area and rushed to a veterinary hospital for surgery, said Orange County sheriff's spokesman Jim Amormino. The 5-year-old black labrador mix named Hoagie underwent a four-hour operation and was expected to survive, he said. William Morse told KABC-TV that he was hiking with his wife near a campground in the Cleveland National Forest, about 10 miles from Lake Elsinore, when a 120-pound mountain lion approached. "Out of nowhere, a mountain lion just charged us, attacked us. And my dog saved our lives," Morse said. He said the attack lasted less than 10 seconds and left the dog with deep wounds. But, Amormino said, the dog put up a "vicious fight. I'm sure that lion was hurt, too." Morse said he was traumatized by the attack and will never return to the campground where he and his wife have been hiking for years. Sheriff's deputies and Forest Service officials have not located the mountain lion, which will be destroyed if located, officials said. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I carry pepper spray and keep my day pack on to protect my neck....most often these cats will stalk you from behind....

#7 CBR400RR

CBR400RR

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle racing, airguns, my family, hunting.

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:33 AM

Can you shoot them if they try to attack you?

.177 Custom 1377c, .177 TX200 MKIII, .177 FWB 300su .177 R.A.W. TM1000, .22 M-Rod tuned, .22 AA S410 - SL XTRA FAC, .22 Theoben Rapid MKII AZ tuned, .25 Daystate Air Ranger tuned, .25 HM1000x, FX Boss .30

#8 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:22 PM

Sure...but good luck...they are on you very quick....Last incident locally was in 1998 in Cuyamacha State Park..The "cat" attacked a woman on a horse......and last person killed there was in 1994...a woman hiker...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users