Photo

Mac1 .22 Discovery Pellet in Flight head shot. (VIDEO)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:28 AM

I've been going through and editing the video clips from my last squirrel hunt, and came across this one. In the original clip, at full resolution, you can see the pellet in flight as it heads for a spot on the squirrels head, that is between the eye and the ear hole. Unfortunately, the resolution in the compressed version isn't high enough to see the pellet, so I've grabbed a couple of stills out of the video that show the base of the pellet just before impacting the squirrel, and the frame right at impact.View video here: http://www.youtube.c...feature=channel Look at the right side of the squirrels eye, and you can see the round silver base of the pellet in flight.Posted ImageMoment of impact.Posted Image
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#2 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:38 AM

Cool - you need one more pict after impact..... showing the vermin going down...

I'm an airgunholic

#3 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:49 AM

Click on the video link and you'll get the whole thing. :signlol2iu:
VarmintAir WebsiteAirgun Hunting the California Ground SquirrelVarmintAir's Airgun Hunting BlogDevoted to the sport of responsible varmint and small game hunting with Modern Adult Airguns

#4 airgunny

airgunny

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 08:35 AM

how do you like your disco? i'm gonna be buying one from tim this summer. i can't wait!
weapons are nothing but tools to be used properly. like any other tool.

#5 Bennie

Bennie

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Shooting.

Posted 03 May 2009 - 08:46 AM

Nice Video. :signlol2iu:
Raith Heryford's Guide Service  Salmon, Trout & Steel Head | Striper, Sturgeon & Shad | Duck & Goose HuntingYuba /Sutter Northern CaliforniaCALL 530-870-2697 or emailQuit blowing on the Fur and get to the Hide.

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,398 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 03 May 2009 - 08:49 AM

I watched the video several times and you hit the squirrel each time! :signlol2iu:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#7 Marino

Marino

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 08:56 AM

Does your camera have a remote? If you could set your camera up by their hole, say within 3 or 4 feet, then fire at it from 30 yards back. The timing would have to be perfect along with camera angle, etc., but to show a clear closeup on impact would be a first here. Easy for me to say. I have a hard enough time hitting these things without involving a camera. :signlol2iu:

#8 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,398 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:20 AM

These Youtube videos are low quality. If you watch Cliff's DVD the video is crystal clear.http://www.californi...?showtopic=9239

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#9 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:40 AM

how do you like your disco? i'm gonna be buying one from tim this summer. i can't wait!

I like it so much that I put a custom stock on it. The little rifle is amazing. I have one in both calibers and they shoot right along with some of my high dollar guns. Mac1 is the way to go.

#10 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:46 AM

Does your camera have a remote? If you could set your camera up by their hole, say within 3 or 4 feet, then fire at it from 30 yards back. The timing would have to be perfect along with camera angle, etc., but to show a clear closeup on impact would be a first here. Easy for me to say. I have a hard enough time hitting these things without involving a camera. :signlol2iu:

The video quality is there in the originals, but when the clips get compressed, so the file size isn't HUGE, for use on the Web, the resolution goes to pot. For example, a 10 meg video file may be compressed down to a 1 meg file. Lots of detail is lost in the process. It just is what it is. I try to choose video clips that will still show reasonably well, even with the high compression rate.

#11 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:50 AM

I watched the video several times and you hit the squirrel each time! :signlol2iu:

I did the same thing. I figured after about the fourth time I shot it, it would duck on the next one. Nope, it let me shoot it three more times, and then I decided it must really be dumb. :carnage:

#12 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 01:22 PM

cool clips.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users