6 replies to this topic

#1 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:20 PM

This rifle is absolutely amazing in the accuracy department, and that's where the rubber meets the road for me. The gun holds its own against many of my WAY MORE EXPENSIVE RIFLES. This little rig is shooting DYNAMIC PCP-2 tin pellets, at an average of 879 fps over 15 shots, from shot one, with only a 5 fps spread. Accuracy is running .6 to .7 inch 5 shots at 55 yards. I typically hunt it with my AIRHOG Pigmee tank on my belt, and refill after every 15 shots. The rifle camera combination weigh in right at 8 pounds. I used it all last week for hunting ground squirrels, with my video camera mounted to the scope, and filmed most of my shots from about 30 yards on out to just over 70 yards. The trigger pull is just under three pounds, repeatable, and crisp. Just the way I like it. I have a new stock on it, and that has transformed the gun into a much better balanced and handling rifle. The video clip shows a head shot on a squirrel that was sneaking a peek over the back of an old stump. It was a lasered 56 yards away. I'm not much of a target shooter or plinker, but I live to varmint hunt with my airguns. There is just something about being out in the woods, hunting vermin with guns that are powered by the air that we breath, that I find very challenging and rewarding.Video clip here: http://www.youtube.c...feature=channelPicture of rifle and squirrel featured in above clip.Posted Image

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,688 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:32 PM

You've really shown what the Discovery can do Cliff. That stock makes that a whole new gun. Great shooting as always thanks for sharing it with us. :good:

#3 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:00 PM

You've really shown what the Discovery can do Cliff. That stock makes that a whole new gun. Great shooting as always thanks for sharing it with us. :fuhrer:

Well, she sure doesn't have highly polished or deeply blued metal, but in the accuracy department she SHINES BRIGHTLY, :good: and in squirrel country, she's "SQUIRREL HELL" resting on a bipod. :fireworks3:

#4 MikeNC

MikeNC

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:08 PM

Love your posts VA....Feel like I'm right there with you!

#5 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:53 PM

I just cnx'ed my order for a Marauder Air Gun. I just received and E-mail saying the price has just gone up to $529.00 if you are one of the lucky ones to get one of the first 100 to be sent out. The rest will be sent out in late May or June. Depending upon the *dealers.* I would be lucky to receive one by Christmas.I don't like jumping thru hoops like they want me to do. I put my name on a list back in Feburary. So what, they want me to believe.I just did order a Disco in .22 caliber. I comes with a foot pump for $399.00. I aready have the tank and filler hose. If this gun is good enough for VarmitAir... It should be good enough for me... I'll bet. :fuhrer: :good: :fireworks3:

#6 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:33 AM

I've got one in each caliber. I got them from Mac1 and they both shoot as well as several of my high dollar PCP's. Not to say I have anything against shiny metal and nice walnut, because I don't. I like it as much as the next guy. But if you would like to have fun shooting an accurate air rifle, and not tie up a whole lot of money in the process, it will be very hard to beat the Discovery for bang for the buck.Have fun with it. Mine shoots the 15.8/15.9/16 grain JSB Exacts extremely well. Clean the barrel when you get it. They seem to have a fair amount of crud in them from the factory. At least both of mine did.

#7 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:51 AM

Love your posts VA....Feel like I'm right there with you!

Thanks, can't wait for prairie dog season to open here mid June. Should be a lot of fun stories and videos to share from hunting those guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users