• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 Mayhem

Mayhem

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, Fishing, wwII aviation. Flight sims, Computer games.

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:35 PM

Checked the local independent gun shop this morning. The shelves were fuller than I had seen them in months. Prices are obviously higher than wallmart but just seeing the shelves with some stock again felt good.

Now you know were the lower priced Walmart ammo went.
Smyrna Lodge #532 F. & A.M.Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit!

#32 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:50 AM

I would think that myself except the independent store doesn't carry the blazer brass ammo and the winchester white box that Walmart mainly carries.

#33 SpokaneSlayer

SpokaneSlayer

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping

Posted 28 April 2009 - 12:40 PM

It's the same up here in Washington. Kinda glad I took up bowhunting.

#34 Mayhem

Mayhem

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, Fishing, wwII aviation. Flight sims, Computer games.

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:53 PM

D.I.: What are you here for maggot?!?! You get lost on the way to college!?!?!Recruit: Sir No Sir!D.I.: Then Why did you join my beloved core numbnutz!?!?!Recruit: Sir! It was the only place that had ammo Sir!
Smyrna Lodge #532 F. & A.M.Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit!

#35 SteveB

SteveB

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:31 PM

This article mentions recent ammo sales numbers........ it's huge! Quite impressive, seems we're not alone.http://www.ammoland....nd-indian-army/

#36 LandSea&Air

LandSea&Air

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:16 PM

Boy am I glad i am paranoid I buy supply's every time i am in the gun shop especially primers. Maybe some of you guys should take up reloading.

#37 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 08:33 PM

LandSea I think most of us reload.

#38 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:08 AM

Found a deal on Friday. Went to one of the local independent gun shops and asked about small rifle primers. Got a box of 1000 Remingtons for 16.50. I've never used Remington primers before but they had them and the price was right.

#39 Lyte-

Lyte-

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:cars, motorcycles, quads, racing, traveling, gym, guns, spending time with friends

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:35 PM

I stalk the walmarts in my area now for ammo.Now all my friends come to me to buy ammo, so sad

#40 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:24 PM

HHHmmm I could open a store and prob make some money about right now on ammo.

#41 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:09 AM

I found some up in the 29 stumps bricks of LR and .223 Federal .55gr $8 a box of 20.

#42 predcaller

predcaller

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:18 AM

I was at the Portland gun show yesterday and http://www.buyammo.com/ had lots of .223 bulk ammo, they did not sell all of there stock. There warehouse shows 0 inventory because the agents that work the gun shows have standing orders to be filled before the warehouse is stocked.I know the agent that covers this area and he said everything is starting to be available again, the hording is slowing down and the manufacturers are starting to catch up.Buyammo covers some of the gun shows in California, get someone to represent a group of you and call them to get access to the local agent and make a deal to buy in bulk as a club. They sell primers as well as ammo, check them out.

#43 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,082 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:39 PM

I saw 22 lr and 22-250 white box at my local wallmart .I saw a sigh six boxes of ammo per person .

#44 Pogo

Pogo

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:44 AM

Unfortunately I think a bunch of ammo is in the hands of a few people who are trying to feed on the fears of others and scalping it on Gunbroker, in small gun shops and online. Ammo is around, and I even believe it is being produced at the same or better rate than usual. The only difference is now, as soon as it hits the shelves someone buys it up. If all the shelves were stocked, no one would be nervous and wouldn't feel they needed to buy an extra 10,000 rounds. The amount of backordered stuff is amazing, local gun guy has been getting shipments of ammo in, but it is all 'spoken for'. So he is selling more ammo than ever, but none of it ever hits the shelves. Lot of new people buying guns as well, which is good. Hopefully more people can enjoy shooting if they can find ammo reasonable and not have to buy it from the scalpers.
"I grew up poor. It's the people who are born with money who jump out of windows."---Lee TrevinoDo NOT spread my wealth. Spread my work ethic.Four out of five politicians surveyed prefer unarmed, ignorant peasants.Many people imply, with bad jokes, that Cajuns are unintelligent; however, anyone that would build a city 10 feet below sea level in a Hurricane zone and fill it with Democrats is a genius.

#45 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:07 AM

At the NRA convention I talked to all the reloading people I could. Hornady is running full speed on production. Federal said no primers will be available any time soon as all of their primers are going straight into loaded ammo. Chris Hodgdon at Hodgdon powders said they are running at full speed and last month was their highest production month EVER having shipped just over 400,000 pounds of powder! Berger Bullets and Barnes are all producing as fast as they can. Nosler is also producing as fast as they can. Winchester was being closed lipped about their production. I didn't see Sierra Bullets at the show, nor did I see CCI at the show.Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#46 Guest_dan223_*

Guest_dan223_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:27 AM

I must admit that I have recently added to my gun collection and currently own ten times the amount of ammo I have kept on hand for the past 20 years and I have always had plenty. For me, I saw the hoarding begin when the "yes we can" chant became very loud nationwide, if those same folks all get pissed off at the same time...... well look at New Orleans and ask yourself if you want that to happen in your neighborhood and to your daughters and I am not talking about the storm I am talking about what the masses did after the sun came out. I did some hoarding of my own so I am covered if things go sideways. Meanwhile back at the ranch production of ammo is at an all time high and this means that once the hoarding stops the supply and demand will reverse and our plinking ammo will be affordable again. however, right now? I only shoot what I can purchase locally. Whats in the safe stays in the safe!!I dont see this run on guns and ammo as a bad thing. As an American I appreciate it. It does my heart good to know that someone has had to say "Mr President you might want to look at these statistics prior to launching new legislation to ban guns in America" and were not talking about some phone poll taken at 10:30 in the morning on weekdays when we are all at work! were talking about 15 million pieces of hardware in the hands of Americans since Jan 2008 (some believe that estimate is low since you can purchase multiple guns under one dross, and I have) and BILLIONS of rounds of ammunition in just a few short months. Of this I am proud of my fellow Americans. So it cost me a few bucks more to purchase a box of ammo these days. Better then getting a good deal on the last box ever sold in this country..........

#47 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:52 PM

During the Y2K scare me and my friends stocked up on ammo.My friends neighbor stocked up on gas food water and stuff he asked my friend why hes not stocking piling this stuff.My friend tells him he has enough ammo to get what ever he needs if anything happens and ammo was easier to stock pile then everything else.

#48 I-Hunt

I-Hunt

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycles, Cars, and anything else outdoors.

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:18 AM

I went to a gun show down in ventura............ There was 700 people in line at the door and at least 700 in line at the ammo booth. I tried to buy some 22's and left because the line stopped moving. POLITICIANS PREFER UN-ARMED SUBJECTS
A man with a gun has more fun

#49 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 04:44 PM

No worries I have 6 boxes of Re-Loading gear headed my way FREEBEE from my father-in-law just have to get with camoghost to pick them up. I think he is on a hunting trip or something :popcorn: Should have another 3-4 boxes coming with the rest of the gear. I will post pics when I get the stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users