15 replies to this topic

#1 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 03:30 PM

Went Bass fishing Sunday afternoon in a 14 foot boat on a pond that my Friend has access too.I was jigging for bass and hooked something big look what i got.....Posted ImageYeah i know it wasn't a bass hell it took us awhile too get him in the boat I was using a 14 pound trilene line white and silver tube bait.It was one of the most fun I had in awhile fighting a fish .You have too let him tire him self out first and thats what i did i thought for sure the line would break,but it held.

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 01 May 2006 - 03:44 PM

Very nice fish. I'll bet it was a blast catching him. Those darned Catfish are some of the most fun to catch the way they can pull. And with the size of him, there is a lot of good eating there!! :rolleyes:

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,656 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 01 May 2006 - 03:57 PM

Catfish and hush puppies, yum. :DI used to catch catfish all of the time bass fishing up the Sacramento River. Especially in the faster moving water near the eddies. :rolleyes:

#4 CLL

CLL

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 06:32 PM

Nice cat .

#5 Guest_coyoteslayer_*

Guest_coyoteslayer_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2006 - 08:37 PM

Nice catfish. I remember catching some big catfish when I fished tourn. at Clear lake pitching in the docks they always got my hope up for that hook set and pull then I knew.You know one place I used to catch huge catfish was in Knightslanding just south of the boat ramp under that damn and some huge crappie too. But last time I went down there is was trashed and nasty never even stopped.

#6 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:32 PM

yup that what i thought slayer it wasn't tell after 2 runs that he made i figured he was not going to be a big bass.......He kept dragging him self in the moss and the boat followed him..lol we didn't have a net either most of the time you know with bass you just drag him in or pick the fish up by his gill or lip.My friend didn't know what to do he never handled cat fish.Well when the fish was good and tired he reach and grabbed it with 2 hands he was scared to put his hand in its mouth. He was 30 inches long 15 pounds thats with a spring scale we let him go after i took that pic I didn't want to kill it .The cats that i like too eat are pan size anyway.This way he can grow bigger since it is a private pond.

#7 Thumper Dunker

Thumper Dunker

STICK BENDER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,833 posts
  • Interests:Hunting ,Fishing , Wife ,Son ,Cat,Dog , My koi , Trad Bows.

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:28 PM

Getting to be that time of year . nice fish

#8 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 07:57 AM

Great looking catfish!

#9 Guest_coyoteslayer_*

Guest_coyoteslayer_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:44 AM

I have a buddy that goes noodling for them in Ohio they build box's and the flat heads go in there and they stick thier hands in the mouth and I guess the fight is on.

#10 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:50 AM

My brother does it, too. He's a big sum buck, and he says if he can get his fist in a cat's mouth it's 35 pounds or more. The like to cut an end out of a barrel in a half moon shape and sink them in a river for the cats to use.

#11 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,656 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 10:50 AM

There was a program on our Public Television Station just a week ago called Okie Noodling. One guy reached into an underwater hole and got a fistful of mad beaver. Another guy got a copperhead for his trouble. I think I'll stick to fishing with a hook and line, thank you very much! :mellow:

#12 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:08 PM

But that's the BORING way to do it!

#13 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,656 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:56 PM

But that's the BORING way to do it!

Yeah, well I've become attached to my fingers and hand! :mellow:

#14 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 03 May 2006 - 10:17 PM

Big alligator snapping turtles like to go in them barrels and boxes to.

#15 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,656 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 06:24 AM

Big alligator snapping turtles like to go in them barrels and boxes to.

Yeah, and they don't let go! :)

#16 Esavage

Esavage

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Trapping, and Computers

Posted 14 July 2006 - 03:56 AM

Buy or Rent "Girls gone Grabblin", It is a summer camp for women of all ages who want to give noodlin a try. They get some monster cats out. Some about drown themselves trying to fight the fish to get a pic......I have a friend who lost the tip of his finger on July 4th due to a big cat. He couldn't get it out of the hole, so they ran a rope through his gills to pull him out. Once they got the rope through and tied, somehow the rope twisted around the tip of his finger and then the cat ran. With his partner holding onto one end, and the fish swimming the opposite direction, it sliced clear through his finger....OUCH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users