• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:22 PM

I started using this ammo around the house for birds, gophers, squirrels, etc instead of CCI 22 CBs and I am really impressed with the accuracy improvement and especially noise reduction. It's less expensive than the CCI CBs as well. Anyone else using this stuff?

I'm an airgunholic

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,013 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:39 PM

It sounds very promising. I'm just using air power myself. :rofl2: Posted Image

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#3 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:55 PM

Are you buying the Aguila online? I could never find a store near to me that would carry it or even order it for me. I really wanted to try it out a few years back. I've heard very good things about that ammunition.
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#4 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:56 PM

beautiful setup.... The aguila/Marlin rifle is considerably quieter than my Beeman or RWS pellet rifles. You mainly hear the bullet cutting through the air and impact. It's kind of strange it is so quiet. They are solid 20 gr bullets with a MV of 600 fps. They seem to dispatch squirrels adequately (2 so far) out to at least 30 yds.

I'm an airgunholic

#5 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:03 PM

Are you buying the Aguila online? I could never find a store near to me that would carry it or even order it for me. I really wanted to try it out a few years back. I've heard very good things about that ammunition.

Initally I got it at:1-800-950-9088. Or, write to us at E. Arthur Brown Co.Inc., 4088 County Road 40 NW, Garfield, MN 56332.Visit us at www.eabco.com for 2.79/box but when they raised the price to 3.99 I switched to MidwayUSA for 3.09.http://www.midwayusa...ctnumber=295321I usually buy at least 10 boxes at a time.

I'm an airgunholic

#6 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:07 PM

I've used them and they work great. Make sure you get the right ones though. Aquila makes one designed for pistols and one for rifles. I have fired the pistol rounds thru a short barreled bolt action rifle and they worked fine but you still run the chance of sticking a bullet in the bore.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#7 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:25 PM

I've used them and they work great. Make sure you get the right ones though. Aquila makes one designed for pistols and one for rifles. I have fired the pistol rounds thru a short barreled bolt action rifle and they worked fine but you still run the chance of sticking a bullet in the bore.

That's a good point. I am only shooting through a Marlin bolt action rifle right now. Most reviews I read seem to be be shooting rifles but one warned of a potential jam on long barrels. The few shooting handguns said they are noisier and everyone said the residue dirties the barrel more than you might think even though they are only primer driven.

I'm an airgunholic

#8 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:44 PM

With the pistol load in my friends little bolt gun, the sound of the sear breaking and striker falling made more noise than the actual report of the rifle. They'd be perfect for one of those little crickett rifles.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#9 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:52 PM

I called to buy another brick from both places I originally ordered from thiss afternoon and both were out of stock. I guess these things tend to be in high demand or short supply? I guess I am luckily I got 2 - 10 box orders....

I'm an airgunholic

#10 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 01:52 PM

John - what scope is that?

I'm an airgunholic

#11 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,013 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 18 April 2009 - 07:28 PM

It's a Nikon Buckmaster. It doesn't focus as close as I like but then I never shoot anything with it below 20 yards. So it works out great.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#12 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:30 PM

Aguila Super Colibri VS. CCI CB Long, a velocity comparisonhttp://carteach0.blo...ci-cb-long.htmlSomeone chronographed Aquila SCs and CCI CB longs for comparison. Interesting...

I'm an airgunholic

#13 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:29 PM

I picked up 4 more bricks and they have some left...http://www.midwayusa...ctNumber=859944

I'm an airgunholic

#14 Gunorea

Gunorea

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:18 AM

beautiful setup.... The aguila/Marlin rifle is considerably quieter than my Beeman or RWS pellet rifles. You mainly hear the bullet cutting through the air and impact. It's kind of strange it is so quiet. They are solid 20 gr bullets with a MV of 600 fps. They seem to dispatch squirrels adequately (2 so far) out to at least 30 yds.

I totally agree with you on this.

#15 Brada2

Brada2

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:34 PM

i just got luckey @ wal mart and found some CCI .22 CB short, how do these compare to the Aguila Super Colibri? cause i can shoot these CCI CB shorts from my front door and my neighbors cant hear a thing....kinda cool!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users