6 replies to this topic

#1 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:52 AM

Last night I sent a message to Leupold through their website to inquire about getting a replacement battery cover for one of my illuminated reticle Leupold scopes. I explained that I lost it and was unable to find it. They just sent me a reply and said a new cover and battery were being sent to me free of charge. Awesome, thanks Leupold!

#2 hntnnut

hntnnut

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Huunting, fishing and more hunting

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:12 AM

I've always has great CS with them i've sent back a pair of wind river binos from the early 90s twice to get realigned and both times they came back like new (new eye cups ID plates ect..)Richard

#3 Hookum

Hookum

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:I hunt biggame, upland, waterfowl and now varmits.
    Love the shooting sports. Rifle,pistol and shotgun. I fish both freshwater and salt.

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:09 PM

Hey hntnnut, I'm getting ready to ship my Wind River Bino rangefinder back to Leupold. The batteries die after about 30 minutes inside the unit, on or off. Leupold responded to my inquiry in less than 24 hrs. I was just wondering if you had similar problems. I love this combo and hate to think about getting a new one.
Take no guff, cut no slack, hookum, bookum and don't look back.

#4 hntnnut

hntnnut

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Huunting, fishing and more hunting

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:07 PM

Sorry couldn't say as i'm refering to binoculars and not range finders. What I have I believe are the predessors to the leupold gold ring binocular line.Richard

#5 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:23 AM

My hubbys bino/rasngefinder was doing that too! It would show low or ded battery like right after installing a new one... They fixed it though so send yours in.. Something technical which I have no idea about ... ALl I know is we sent them in and they fixed it. I have a pair of binos to send in as well.. the eye part is messed up... my hubbys cousin used them for all of 10 freaking minutes, and poof they are broke... The one side when you spin the eye relief thing it just spins right off.. Naturally the cousin never mentioned a word... I went to use them later and I went to adjust them and it fell off in my hand.. I was sooooo thriled I assure you...
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#6 Hookum

Hookum

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:I hunt biggame, upland, waterfowl and now varmits.
    Love the shooting sports. Rifle,pistol and shotgun. I fish both freshwater and salt.

Posted 17 April 2009 - 06:36 AM

I can relate. My hunting partner is like that . Barrows, breaks and forgets to return. Then it's. It must have been broken when I borrowed it.
Take no guff, cut no slack, hookum, bookum and don't look back.

#7 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,274 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 12:07 PM

I have always heard good things about their service. I have a buddy that broke his binos and sent it in to be fixed he even said it was his fault that it broke and wanted to know how much to fix it. They ended up just replacing it with a new one..... free of costNow that's a smart business right there they keep the customer happy and in turn they keep buying the product.So I went and bought my first leepy scope saturday and I can't be happier. It's real clear and has a great company to back me up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users