4 replies to this topic

#1 204destroyer

204destroyer

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:53 PM

These pictures and adds are real, they came out of a hunting book I found at a yard sale a couple of weeks ago. It's the American Hunter Magazine, March 1951 edition. It's fascinating just to look through it, some of the thing in there you would laugh at and other things amaze me. I couldn't show all the interesting parts but snapped a few pictures to share with everyone. There is a story in the magazine about gun control and what you better fear about it, it's amazing how much of it has already came true. I'll have to add a few pictures after this post I hope they come through.Attached File  1.jpg   13.83KB   29 downloadsAttached File  2.jpg   15.63KB   30 downloadsAttached File  3.jpg   18.36KB   31 downloads

#2 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:58 PM

You've got to love those prices!

#3 Skyshadow

Skyshadow

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:36 PM

Reminds me of that show Mad Men, where one of the guys working at the big Fifth Avenue ad agency in New York in the 50's gets a big promotion -- to $19k a year.

#4 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,788 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:30 AM

Prices look good but, a working stiffs wages were about $50 to $75 per week. Kind of a guess about wages, I was age 7 in '51, didn't have a job yet. :roflmao3[1]:

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#5 Old timer

Old timer

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (all types) fishing and reading all the posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:01 AM

I was in the service we got 29.00 per month
Without hunters there wouldn't be much of an environment to protect!!Conservation of Wild Life Through the Taking of Predators by Sportsmen United we stand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users