• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Beretta

Beretta

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing and camping. <br />NRA lifetime member, Ducks<br />Unlimited member and 8 year <br />member of the River Ranch Hunt Club.

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:49 PM

Yet another roll-over recall on the Yamaha Rhino!Just wondering if anyone else saw the newest recallon the Rhino? They are now installing a 2" spaceron the rear axle...... I guess this is supposed to fix the problem. I hope! I only rolled mine once, butit didn't take much. Just got it a little off balance byhitting a small rutt in the road. :)

#2 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:55 PM

Makes me really love my Polaris ranger more :)

#3 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:32 PM

Sorry Rae, but riding 3 across in those bench seats is asking for the same results as a Rhino rolling over. The 3rd persons' weight transfer (unless it's a small child) adversely affects the vehicles lean angles when turning right or left. There is nothing keeping the center person from leaning the wrong way except the outside passenger or the driver which is even worse because it may cause the driver to loose control of the vehicle altogether. The UTV market did not take into consideration what kind of drivers it was releasing these vehicles to. It doesn't matter how wide you make these vehicles as long as you have someone driving who has no common sense and goes into a corner faster than he/she should. I work in the powersports industry and have seen the way people treat these vehicles. The mentality is this; If it rolls easily-we'll widen it by replacing the A-arms. Oh but now it looks funny! Lets' put longer shocks on it to make it look rugged and lift it. Oh wait, we need to put larger tires on it. Now, they're back to square one with a vehicle that has returned to having a high center of gravity just as it was when it was stock. Drive them as they were meant to be driven-with care and alot of common sense. I really cringe when customers ask me to install rear seats :roflmao3[1]: ... This saddens me because these vehicles were never meant to be used as people movers. Since I'm only a worker bee and depend on a paycheck like most of us, I do what they want and send them off with a prayer that I won't be hearing from any of them loosing a life because of something I installed. Be careful with whatever you drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users