29 replies to this topic

#1 ff.hogue

ff.hogue

Plinker

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:13 PM

I just purchased a new pack for this coming hunting season. I got the Eberlestock J104 or "Just One" and so far i think this pack is going to be AMAZING! What are you all using? Here is a pic of what i purchased...

Attached Files

• Attached File  j101.jpg   113.37KB   56 downloads

#2 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:17 PM

Dont have one yet but I see your from Madera also welcome to the board.

#3 ff.hogue

ff.hogue

Plinker

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:19 PM

Dont have one yet but I see your from Madera also welcome to the board.

What part of madera are you in? im in the ranchos

#4 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:26 PM

I have the Badlands Diablo its a great day pack and I could probably fit some camping gear in it for 2 or 3 days but not as comfortably as your J104. I have a Dana Design pack for larger occasions. I prefer lighter so I didn't go with that model personally but I have heard great things about it. Congrats on your new pack! It makes a difference and your shoulders will thank you! :lol:

#5 ff.hogue

ff.hogue

Plinker

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:30 PM

Ya, it is a little heavy, but with all of my gear piled into it and with the scabbard set up, i absolutley love it. and tha extra lb or two when i have all my gear into it, the frame and everything will make up for it.

#6 microtus

microtus

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • Interests:About average for everybody else in here.

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:36 PM

I'm using a Maxpediton Condor II. Very well built with plenty of storage and a compartment for a water bladder if you want one. I'd buy another one if this one ever wears out (doubt it).

#7 ff.hogue

ff.hogue

Plinker

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:09 PM

Thats the great thing about eberlestock, you break it they fix it. thats how much they are behind their packs. Only thing is it already has everything you could need, but there are so many more neat goodies they make that zip/clip/strap on to the pack. They are a little more pricy than your average pack but you will never need another pack for the rest of your life.

#8 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:23 PM

Bad lands super day pack All badlands packs have a full lifetime warantee, are built well and are very comfortable.

#9 hntnnut

hntnnut

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Huunting, fishing and more hunting

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:45 PM

I'm using the badlands 2200 for day trips, and plan getting the Eberlestock Jp9 blue widow pack to replace my delapidated cabelas pack.EberlestockRichard

#10 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:18 AM

I am in the northern part of madera near the country club.

#11 sum-rifle

sum-rifle

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:59 PM

You should all check out Crooked Horn Outfitters productsI am using a Master Guide Pack and it is great. They have lots to choose from and are made in CA (Tehachapi)Look at their web site just Google Crooked Horn Outfitters. Lennis is a great guy!

#12 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:16 PM

His hunting video is great too! I was looking at the Master guide Pack but I decided on the Badlands Diablo cause of the warranty I also got their bino system which rocks!

#13 Heywood

Heywood

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:56 AM

I run the X1, works well, but lately I've been using just a black daypack style as I've been trying to lighten what I carry. The packs themselves I think are quite heavy.Here's a pic of the X1. Mines in Advantage color as Sportsmans wanted $10. more for Max1 pattern.Attached File  Untitled_1_copy.jpg   20.18KB   56 downloads

#14 Robs223

Robs223

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 11:09 AM

I also bought a killer pack that could hold my rifle and lots of other stuff with side pouches, but as several had stated I decided to lighten the load this year, last year with all my water bottles and accessories it weighed me down, so ya this year its think light and be light for me.

#15 Mayhem

Mayhem

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, Fishing, wwII aviation. Flight sims, Computer games.

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:42 PM

Being Ex-Military I tend to adapt military gear to hunting (I even wear ACUPAT BDU's) what I have been wanting to do is Biuld a LBE/LCE ALICE or MOLLE style rig I can attach my Drop/thigh Holster to the pistol belt with Buttpack, Ammo Carries, Magazine carrier, GPS, Radio, Compass, knife and hydration. The only problem is I want to do away with canteans and water bottles and switch to a hydration Pack that can connect to the back of the suspenders like a sort of backpack.

#16 Robs223

Robs223

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:46 PM

Its funny you say that, a few of my friends last year went with the hydration packs, they do long motorcycle dirt bike rides and use those, and now have implimented them in there hunting gear. When I go deer hunting my gear is a bit lighter then when I predator hunt, due to the calling equipment and such.

#17 novaman64

novaman64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting, hunting, muscle cars, snow skiing, wakeboarding, barefooting, camping, horses, livestock

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:30 AM

I am looking at getting one of the smaller badlands packs.. I just want something small for a day trip, throw some water, rangefinder, a space blanket, matches, GPS, compass, shooting sticks and some skinning knives...

#18 John

John

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,Bench Rest Shooting,Reloading,Fishing,Camping and the great outdoors

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:31 PM

On day hunts I use a fanny pack.MY MOTTO IS "TRAVEL LIGHT & HOBBLE QUICKLY" :hellohello9il:

#19 Skyshadow

Skyshadow

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:04 AM

I am looking at getting one of the smaller badlands packs.. I just want something small for a day trip, throw some water, rangefinder, a space blanket, matches, GPS, compass, shooting sticks and some skinning knives...

I've got a Camelbak MULE.Unlike some of Camelbak's other stuff not a gaudy color (there's a camo version as well, but I've got a gray one), it obviously holds water, it's just large enough to hold basic gear, it's light, fits securely and it doubles as a good shooting base. The pack is also set up to let air get to your back to help sweat dry off.I got it for mountain biking, but I've also used it for skiing, hunting and trail running -- perfect for any time where you'll be out for a few hours but not a real extended period.(not my picture, but same pack)Posted Image

#20 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,664 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:15 AM

Here is some additional feedback from a previous posting.http://www.californi...d...389&hl=pack

#21 Skyshadow

Skyshadow

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:50 AM

BTW, you know what your list is missing? Small roll of gorilla tape.

#22 novaman64

novaman64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting, hunting, muscle cars, snow skiing, wakeboarding, barefooting, camping, horses, livestock

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:59 AM

Forgot to mention that, normally I have a little first aid kit, small lite but will do the job, i always leave a pen in their with a bunch of duct tape wrapped around it... Then you can fill out the tags and have your tape all at the same place.

#23 Skyshadow

Skyshadow

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:35 AM

That's really freaking smart -- I'm gonna steal that and tell everyone I thought of it myself. :good:

#24 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:06 PM

I've got a Camelbak MULE.

I have one of those in Desert Camo that I picked up a few months ago for $30 at Cabelas!! Great pack, though limited storage.

#25 gibbygoo

gibbygoo

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:36 PM

I'm going to give one of these a try. Nikon Field Optics Pack. I tried one on at a local gun shop. It was $165 there, but $50 on ebay. I'll edit this post in a week or so with a report.

#26 Skyshadow

Skyshadow

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:25 PM

Went on a trail run today, took the MULE with me because it was hot out and it was a long run.Ran just over 10 miles, the thing was never a problem -- it bounced around a little at first, but I adjusted the straps and it was all good. I'd recommend that pack to anyone needing water and a little bit of storage.

#27 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:11 PM

So now that you've had the Eberlestock J104 for a couple of months, whaddaya think? Any likes? Dislikes? Does it live up to its marketing? C'mon...we wanna real world product review.

#28 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 01:04 PM

Well I can give you an update of the Badlands Diablo. It holds just about everything I need it too BUT... the frame digs into my hips and is a little uncomfortable when hiking long distance. But for a day pack it works great it holds a 3 liter bladder well and keeps an area for air to pass on my back to keep me cool and to keep the bladder off of me. It has a bunch of small pockets with different types of access for my equipment, lunch, tags and other accessories which I am still figuring out how I like to pack.

#29 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:50 PM

I found that too and that's why I ended up with the X1 instead. it felt a bit more comfortable around the hips and with my back, it's a big issue. So far no issues or pain so I am a happy camper. Now if there were only a way to keep the water cold all day!

#30 sako222

sako222

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:54 AM

BADLANDS all the way used alot kinds but there the BEST yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users