15 replies to this topic

#1 big jon

big jon

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 04:04 PM

This is my 1886 the first hog i got with this was at 40 yards it was the first tme i ever saw a pig roll over from the impact of the 300gr hp i use,everything i shot with this gun has gone down with one round and no looking arond for a blood trailPosted Image

#2 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:21 PM

That's one monster round!

#3 Guest_coyoteslayer_*

Guest_coyoteslayer_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2006 - 09:41 PM

I bet its not to easy on the shoulder is it?

#4 big jon

big jon

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:36 PM

I bet its not to easy on the shoulder is it?

well its not all that bad,but dose take some getting use to,more so when i shoot the 405gr sp, or the 500gr lead bullets,however my 9 year old nefew dose shoot it,but he shoots my brothers 50 too

#5 mrkubota

mrkubota

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:firearms/shooting, flying, music:<br />http://music.download.com/stratusgospel

Posted 27 April 2006 - 08:37 AM

well its not all that bad,but dose take some getting use to,more so when i shoot the 405gr sp, or the 500gr lead bullets,however my 9 year old nefew dose shoot it,but he shoots my brothers 50 too

Yeah, but that .50 was on a mount! I didn't know he liked the .45/70. I'll have to take my Winchester out next time we shoot too...Here he is shooting the M2HB last Christmas:Posted Image

#6 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 08:42 AM

How sweet is that! No doubt he had a HUGE smile on his face when he got done firing.

#7 Ryan Woody

Ryan Woody

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 09:40 AM

Gentleman, Let me tell you all that, that thing is awsome, I've probably put 100,000 rounds down range with one of those guns. I use to be a Infantry/ Machine gun instructor, and thats all I did was fire machine guns.Ryan Woody

#8 mrkubota

mrkubota

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:firearms/shooting, flying, music:<br />http://music.download.com/stratusgospel

Posted 27 April 2006 - 10:02 AM

Gentleman, Let me tell you all that, that thing is awsome, I've probably put 100,000 rounds down range with one of those guns. I use to be a Infantry/ Machine gun instructor, and thats all I did was fire machine guns.Ryan Woody

Yes!It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it! (even on the civi side) :P Posted Image

#9 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 10:07 AM

Nice!! Lots of $ in that picture.

#10 Ryan Woody

Ryan Woody

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:44 AM

Actually, I probably put more than that I'm thinking 5 yrs in the Corps, I would honestly say close to Millionand loved every single bit of it. The funny part is that isn't even the Machine gun I specialized in LOL, I specialized in a 240G (G=golf). Now that I've shot over million rounds for sure. I'd go though 10,000 in about 15 mins.Ryan Woody

#11 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:59 PM

Like this one?Posted Image

#12 Ryan Woody

Ryan Woody

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 06:26 AM

Thats my baby, 24.2 pounds 650 to 950 rounds down range per min. Change barrels every two mins. Man I loved that thing! and sure to $hit I miss it!Ryan Woody

#13 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 08:59 AM

Is that weight with or with out a belt of ammo?

#14 Ryan Woody

Ryan Woody

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 09:22 AM

That is the Dry weight. The belts of ammo are approx. 8 pounds each. I think the belts were in 100 round strainds, but very easy to connect together. The trigger pull was approx. 3 to 5 rounds each. about every 2 seconds it was really cool when you would put two guns together. We would try to make talking guns. #1gun 3-5 rd burst, #2gun 3-5 rd burst so on and so on.Ryan Woody

#15 mrkubota

mrkubota

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 06:47 PM

That's one monster round!

Jon's is a carbine length Browning... too hard on me! I once had an early Marlin 'Guide Gun', before they added the porting... that thing was a shoulder buster! Especially with the 405gr loads. I sold it off after only 1 box of ammo.I ended up buying a full-sized, crecent stock, octagonal bbl Winchester (USRA) re-issue. That one is a real pleasure to shoot. ;) It's the gun that got me interested in shooting big-bore rifles at long ranges! Unfortunately, it's been packed away the last three years since I moved, and I've mostly been shooting the .50bmg stuff.You guys at least inspired me to dig it out of the vault for a pic! :angry: Now, where'd I put that .45/70 ammo!Posted Image

#16 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 07:22 PM

I've heard that 45-70 is a superb hog rifle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users