• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 25 March 2009 - 09:18 PM

Sent in a Mueller scope that wasn't holding impact point. I enclosed a short note saying I couldn't get it to group. Less than a week, I have a new scope in the box at my door. They have the best service of any manufacturer I have dealt with. No questions asked. I had it sprayed camo and everything.And Yes, Shoot-it, the post was about scopes. :pirashoot: db
TALK STRAIGHT, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND KEEP THE MAGAZINE LOADED.ORANGEVALE,CA

#2 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:35 AM

This isn't the first time I've heard this. Glad I own one, and will own more.
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#3 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,356 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:13 AM

That's great news. It's nice to hear there are still companies like that around.If it was an automobile or truck it would be your fault and good luck getting it repaired.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#4 Mayhem

Mayhem

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, Fishing, wwII aviation. Flight sims, Computer games.

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:31 AM

Actually John when my Dodge pickup had a problem with the transmission just out of warranty by a few thousand miles Chrysler covered it. But This may also have been due to Swift dodge in Sac. I know my next Pickup will be a dodge and I'll probably get it from Swift in Sac.
Smyrna Lodge #532 F. & A.M.Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit!

#5 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,356 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:50 AM

If there are any car dealers left after this depression we're heading into.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#6 Mayhem

Mayhem

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting, Fishing, wwII aviation. Flight sims, Computer games.

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:32 AM

To true!

#7 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:53 AM

Mayhem, the exact same thing happened to my 2000 Ram Dodge... Trany went out at 39,000 miiles. They "rebuilt" it for free and it lasted exactly 12,000... Then they installed a new Transmission and it lasted around 60,000 or so before the O.D. ring broke. I've gone 15-20K (?) on this last fix so far. Other than that Dodge trany's are very reliable. B) I'm lighting a candle right now before I head out in the morning to scout out some public hunting spots I have not been to before. Sure hope a tow truck won't have trouble finding me ;) Frank

#8 Mayhem

Mayhem

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:16 PM

Ya I know the guy at swift said it was an issue with the electronics in the Mercedes tranies they put in the newer dodges. I haven't had any problems since then and I'm now past 100k.

#9 du9207

du9207

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:13 PM

my '90 acura has 258,000 miles and still works. it does grind on 5th but everything else shifts fine
Live Free or Die Hardxicanonaztlanca

#10 homemade

homemade

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:27 PM

My work truck is a 3/4 ton 2001 dodge van and the tranny is a piece of :smiley_kewlpics: My maint guys cant fix it the dealership cant fix it now the tranny shop says they cant fix it .It has been visiting the dealership since nov of 01 and its an 01 van

#11 Yateswell

Yateswell

Big Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:53 PM

Glad to hear that, I own a Mueller too.

#12 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,235 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:11 PM

Are we talking about scopes or trucks! Is Mueller a good scope how does it compare to the high end scopes.

#13 Pogo

Pogo

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:34 PM

Shoot-it, the Muellers that I have are not high end scopes. The do not compare to a Loopy VX-II or better or a Nikon Monarch or any of the Europe made glass. They are however a very reasonably priced mid range scope for a hunting gun. Perfect IMHO for rimfire guns. My .17 and two of my buddies .17's and my bolt .22 LR are all wearing Mueller APV's. Couldn't be happier. I plan on ordering another for my 10/22. I feel they are a better scope than a Nikon Prostaff, and I like the magnification range better. Probably about as good as a Leupold Rifleman for a little less cash. I'm real pleased with mine, but have never tried them on anything with more bite than a .243. Never tried any of Muellers 'higher end' stuff either.
"I grew up poor. It's the people who are born with money who jump out of windows."---Lee TrevinoDo NOT spread my wealth. Spread my work ethic.Four out of five politicians surveyed prefer unarmed, ignorant peasants.Many people imply, with bad jokes, that Cajuns are unintelligent; however, anyone that would build a city 10 feet below sea level in a Hurricane zone and fill it with Democrats is a genius.

#14 Bozsik

Bozsik

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with my Wife and Kids, Hunting, Camping, Wildlife Photography, Woodworking, and Illustration.

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:28 PM

They are very nice for the price. Bright and sharp through most of the zoom range though at the higher zoom ranges there is a bit of falloff around the perimeter. I don't use the Eradicator at 25x though. I will shoot it at 12 to 16 power on jacks that are over 150 yards. I think for the price, they can't be beat. The glass is German made.db
TALK STRAIGHT, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND KEEP THE MAGAZINE LOADED.ORANGEVALE,CA

#15 ff.hogue

ff.hogue

Plinker

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:47 PM

well when a scope costs $10 to make and you sell it for over $100, you can afford to replace it multiple times and still keep a profit.... :smiley-funny-post-sign: lol. I am a firm beleiver in you get what you pay for in optics. For a good entry level scope, you can pick up a decent nikon for around $100, for mid range optics i swear by Burris, and when you get to high end for hunting, swarovski, and for long range shooting/hunting nightforce.

#16 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:31 PM

I contacted them a few years ago about the rubber "eye bumper" ring that was I had lost from one of my scopes. They told me to send it in. I was upset that they couldn't just mail me the ring. I got over my anger when a brand new scope arrived to replace the one I had mailed them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users