2 replies to this topic

#1 CASTOR

CASTOR

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:06 PM

Recently, I purchased a Savage 93r17 btvs 17hmr rifle to shoot ground squirrels and crows with. Thanks to the ugly black carnivore and no lead free ammo available my new gun has been relegated to punching paper and looking pretty in my gun closet. I have a beeman springer in .177 that shoots at a blistering 1000fps that I enjoy plinking with. I took the gun apart and de-burred and polished all the components, I also filled the butt of the stock with lead buckshot and painted it with a durable spray on bed-liner material. For such an over powered gun now it shoots pretty accurately with a lot less vibration, not to bad for $150.00 gun at big-5. Having shot over four-thousand rounds through the gun I think it is time for a new gun. I am thinking of picking up an air arms tx200 mk3 in 22 cal but I don't know if I can shoot pcp tin ammo in it.Last night I purchased the varmintair dvd. Hopefully the dvd can help answer a lot of questions I have, After watching it I am sure I will have even more.Thank you, Mike

#2 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:52 PM

Here is link to varmintair's blog...he covers the non-lead pellets there...http://varmintair.ty...rmintairs_blog/http://varmintair.ty...-discovery.htmlThey are available at Airguns of Arizona

#3 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 07:10 PM

Hi Mike. Thanks for the order. I shipped it out today. I hope you find it entertaining. It will definitely show you what modern adult airguns are capable of as hunting tools. I don't specifically get into the non-lead pellet issue in the video, but the best kept secret about that video is, ninety nine percent of all of the shots taken on squirrels in the video, were made with the DYNAMIC tin alloy pellets. From 30 yards, out to just under 100 yards, so they do perform well in some guns.Early on, I found out that my video camera would not work on spring powered airguns. The jolt of the gun firing would cause the camera to stop recording. Because of that issue, I shot the video with the camera mounted on various PCP air rifles. I have had great success shooting the tin pellets out of most of my PCP's.DYNAMIC tin pellets are made in a wide range of sizes and designs to specifically work a given type of gun. There are different pellets for springers and PCP's. I am shooting the 14.5 grain PCP-2 pellets in my .22 cal PCP rifles. The Sn-1, 7.9 grain tin pellet is designed for .177 caliber spring powered guns. They may, or may not work in a given gun. The only way to know is to try them and see.I never got around to trying them, to any extent, in my spring powered guns, but I do have some of the Sn 1 tin pellets that are designed specifically to be used in springers. I have your address on file here, so what I will do, is send you a bunch of them to try in your gun. Keep in mind that in general, they are not a pellet that you would want to spend much time plinking with. They run about $24 for a box of 500 in the .177 cals. Most definitely a hunting pellet at that price.The Sn-2 would be the .22 cal DYNAMIC tin pellet for use in the TX 200 springer. The question is, will the gun shoot them accurately or not. Again, no way to know without trying them.I'll get the .177 caliber Sn-1 pellets out to you ASAP. Let us know if they shoot in your gun. I would be interested in knowing. CT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users