• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:41 PM

Now THIS is a fork I would shoot in a heartbeat LOL....Just finished this one up tonight.... Its a wall pedestal and if you notice it has ALOT more body than the standard shoulder mount. My client said I could pick what ever pose I wanted so since he left me plenty of cape I chose this pose.. He really likes it :) Attached File  Blodgett2.jpg   15.55KB   64 downloadsAttached File  Blodgettbuck3.jpg   15.01KB   59 downloads
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#2 sum-rifle

sum-rifle

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:52 PM

That is a great Deer. I would not hesitate to drop the hammer on him either.Is it a California Coastal Blacktail? Just a guess because I know for whatever reason some of the Deer on the coast of CA grow some very deep forks.
Hunt with your kids not for them.

#3 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:01 PM

Actually that one was taken right out my front door... I can see the hill where it was taken as well as a 4 pointer off the same area..
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#4 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:59 AM

about 25 years ago we shot a forkie that was about that size or a bit bigger. Next time I'm at my parents I'll take a picture of the antlers we have. When I say "we", it took three guys to take down that brute...and it was in D3 zone...Nice buck! and yep, you see a forkie like that and it's dinner time!
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#5 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:42 AM

I definitely like the look of more body on there.
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#6 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:33 AM

That is a purdy buck! I like the mount too. It similar to the one I have. My mount is more square though.

#7 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:09 PM

That is one big forkie. Looks great.

#8 grandslam

grandslam

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:44 AM

You dont see many big forks like that, or as I was told when I first started hunting, a pacific fork.

#9 yotekiller85

yotekiller85

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and Fishing and spending time with my Family.

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:50 PM

I would love to see something like that. during deer season.
I LIVE TO HUNT AND HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

#10 Grizzly_Adams

Grizzly_Adams

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Spending as much time as possible away from all the modern conveniences of city life.<br /><br />Hunting, Hiking, Shooting, Backpacking, Wheelin, Camping

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:46 AM

Rea thats a beauty. I have always loved those giant forks. one of my partners shot a big fork last season and his bigger brother got away. If im lucky enough to find him during season you'll likely have another big fork to stuffgreat work
The only thing I've learned for sure hunting is even if I'm maken tag soup at the end of every season from here on out, I will hunt as long as I'm on the top side of the soil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users