13 replies to this topic

#1 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:45 PM

Okay, I got the rifle, the case, the Harris bipod, the camos, boots, etc and will take the Hunter Safety Course this weekend. Then I get a license and start my new hobby. I am kinda hyper and am worried about fidgeting and giving myself away. Is there a daypack that has a comfortable, low sitting chair w/ backrest out there...preferably in Mossy Oak?

#2 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:57 PM

TURKEY VEST!!!!!!

#3 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:01 PM

Yep, and there are lots and lots of options out there. Here are just a couple.http://www.wingsuppl...asp?SKU=9981390http://www.cabelas.c...rset=ISO-8859-1http://www.cabelas.c...e...&hasJS=true
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#4 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:05 PM

BC, There are some pretty cool chairs out there also, with backs on them and sit about 6" off of the ground. These are a bit heavier but still managable and really comfortable Ron

#5 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:52 PM

That Delta vest was on sale a few weeks ago for $10.00. I picked one up just for the heck of it...figured it ought to work for 10 bucks.
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#6 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:53 PM

That Delta vest was on sale a few weeks ago for $10.00. I picked one up just for the heck of it...figured it ought to work for 10 bucks.

I agree. Heck, I know less than nothing so I might as well get some basic stuff, see how I do in the field and then start really spend coin when I have a friggin' clue. <g> Found a buncha stuff I needed there, callers, gloves, facemask, hat, quite a shopping list. And to think it all started with my 1st visit here and buying a Savage Predator off the classifieds board. Posted ImageI am accummulating stuff at an impressive rate. You know you're in trouble when the missus starts bitching about the volume of stuff instead of the cost. LOLThanks guys,Bruce

#7 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:28 AM

I have that gobbler chair and it is the most comfortable hunting chair I have used. GREAT back support and low to the ground. It's a bit cumbersome to pack in though.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#8 tawnoper

tawnoper

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:08 AM

They sure do make a lot of specialty stuff nowadays. I've shown poor judgement in the past and have bought some of that stuff...used it once or twice and filed it out in the garage somewhere. We always used to just sit on the ground...or in some areas sit on a dove stool. If you go to Target or Walmart they sell those kneeling pads for gardening (like in pics)...I think they are two or three bucks and basically last forever... using that or a cheapo dove stool from big 5 work as well as anything. Also, taking the vest off and on all day before and after every stand gets to be a pain...IMOPosted ImagePosted Image
ProStaff - ProStaff - Field Staff - I'm very important!

#9 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:18 AM

Yeah, I think it just depends. Those of us with back problems really benefit from something with some back support. I don't mind sitting on the ground, but after 10 minutes my back starts to hurt. It's hard to stay still in a stand when your back is killing you. The gobbler seat provides great support while still leaving you almost on the ground. Folded up it's not really much more than carrying a pad (though a bit heavier).
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#10 BC9696

BC9696

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:53 AM

After 300,000 miles on motorcycles and 6 decent spills, my 49 yr old back is not as resilient as it used to be. I'm dfar from being a cripple...perhaps a little slower and cautious. If I am uncomfortable I'll be squimy and that's a bad thing. I bought it, we'll try it. Thanks guys.

#11 Switch

Switch

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • Interests:My daughters tell me I'm like Dr. Doolittle because I talk to the animals...too bad they don't always like what I have to say.

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:22 PM

I think back support is often over looked in choosing a good predator seat. I use to go out with one of those mini lawn chairs, and it was comfortable. But there were a few times were I fell asleep in the thing. I tied two straps to it so I could carry it like a back pack and it was easy to carry. I tied a small pack on the back where I could carry my lunch and a Sponge Bob juce box. After a while I attached a Cabelas butt pad to the thing because my butt kept falling asleep. That worked great and I was set until it fell out my truck and the semi behind me ran over it. The only thing that survived was the butt pad which is what I use now.I've had two back surgeries and as long as I do some stretches before each stand, the butt pad does the trick.

#12 ~DEVO~

~DEVO~

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:54 AM

I use something like THISFor more protection against abrasion you can sleeve it with canvas material.

#13 lvr

lvr

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 03:40 PM

I just spray painted one of the stadium seat pads. It weighs nothing and cost the same

#14 Kevin Burroughs

Kevin Burroughs

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:34 PM

I have 2 camo Stearns boat cushions that I use. Sometimes I sit on both and sometimes I use one for a back rest. I snap them right on my pack.-----------kevin-------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users