20 replies to this topic

#1 tonyd

tonyd

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:00 AM

Does anyone know of a one caller that does it all, possible MP3 with external speakers, downloads, Predator, Deer, Turkey and everything inbetween? TonyD

#2 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:02 AM

Your in luck! There are few out there but I really like the FX 5 I have.. Made by Foxpro..

#3 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:44 AM

Fox pro.... I have the Fx3.. Its well worth the investment, has AWESOME sounds available. 2 speakers, plenty of jacks for adding decoys r whatever you want, light weight, hardy, and dang near idiot proof to work :roflmao3[1]:

#4 Moe

Moe

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:11 AM

Mine does everything but shoot the coyote and carry it back to the truck.

#5 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:14 AM

:roflmao3[1]:

#6 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:15 AM

Mine does everything but shoot the coyote and carry it back to the truck.

I just bought an FX-3, you mean that it doesn't shoot the coyote? &^%$#@!

#7 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:04 PM

Does anyone know of a one caller that does it all, possible MP3 with external speakers, downloads, Predator, Deer, Turkey and everything inbetween? TonyD

I'm a Minaska fan. Make sure you check them out too. It's always a matter of personal preference and opinion so check them out and draw your own conclusions based upon your perception of their performance and features.

#8 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:12 AM

I just bought the new "Claymore" upgrade for my Minaska. The Claymore accessory can be set up right next to the caller and when a coyote breaks the IR beam, the Claymore is triggered and slams the coyote. It works well but I still have to drag the yote back to the rig.

#9 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:24 AM

Fox pro.... I have the Fx3.. Its well worth the investment, has AWESOME sounds available. 2 speakers, plenty of jacks for adding decoys r whatever you want, light weight, hardy, and dang near idiot proof to work :carnage:

Posted ImageI had to put some arrows and a "F" and a"R" on my FX5 to make it more idiot proof. When I first got it I pointed it the wrong way a few times. :WTF_1:

#10 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:22 PM

I have the Minaska M1 Bandit. Pretty good little caller, but if I had it to do over, I would have went with the Foxpro (FX3 or FX5). I have been out with both and the Foxpro's were just more reliable. Plus Foxpro is a larger more established company and Minaska has been going through some growing pains.I like my Minaska enough though and I will be using it for years I'm sure (too stubborn to spend more $$ on a Foxpro).

#11 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:26 PM

I just upgraded my FX3 to the FX5 the remote for the FX5 is well worth the extra money :signgreatreport3kg:

#12 rabiddog

rabiddog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:44 AM

i am not sure what brand it is, but BgBambo has an elec. call that is extra loud if you need it and has a built in decoy that attaches to the top, and i think he said it holds a hundred sounds. has a remote. just thought i would respond to this topic, he may tell you what brand etc. if you ask him.its proved deadly for yotes thats for sure.

#13 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:04 PM

I think he's using an open country caller that's made by foxpro. I was thinking about getting one of those but they look pretty big to carry around. Ron

#14 Possumal

Possumal

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:05 AM

Fellows, I am new here and not real familiar with all the "Can do, can't do" rules. Since I am on the Foxpro Field Staff, I don't want to sound like a commercial maker for Foxpro, as they do not require us to post anything. The following post and pictures are an honest effort for me to answer the question at the start of this thread, and to show you some of my projects pertaining to the new CS-24. IMO, it is the most fantastic ecaller I have ever seen or heard, and I have heard them all. It is extremely light, about 3 1/2 lbs. including the 10aa battery pack, with port for an extra speaker, and a port for auxiliary things like the JIB decoy. Lots of 24 bit sounds in the library, which is constantly being added to, and the volume and clarity of the CS-24 has to be heard to be believed. Stereo amplifier gives you the capability of using another TOA speaker or speaker of your choice. The small camera tripod I am picturing here is to show a quick connect I have designed which works so easily in the field where time is important. Camo comes next. The CS-24 is a drab green, easy to camo, or you can just have a camo net or cloth to put on it, possibly with elastic bottom. This caller is fully programmable, like all the Foxpro ecallers, allowing you to put all the sounds you could ever need, including sequences, or your own recorded hand calls. Rich Cronk has done this with his Fury and I know from having some of his sounds on my ecallers, they sound fantastic. Here are the pictures, one showing you a CS-24 and a Fury for size comparison, and the others pictures of my "Project".Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageGood hunting at ya!

#15 jdogg

jdogg

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:58 PM

I'm too poor for a fox pro :( , so i downloaded a bunch of free predator calls to my blackberry storm from varmit al's! :smiley_green_with_envy:

#16 Possumal

Possumal

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:28 PM

Do you have to be on the Verizon network for it to work? :tease: You know, like that commercial they keep showing. :wacko:

#17 Old timer

Old timer

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • Interests:Hunting (all types) fishing and reading all the posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:40 PM

Does anyone know of a one caller that does it all, possible MP3 with external speakers, downloads, Predator, Deer, Turkey and everything inbetween? TonyDNo such thing someone has to pull the trigger

#18 Guest_dan223_*

Guest_dan223_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:50 PM

That CS-24 looks like it may actually skin the hide off of a dead coyote for you, or at least turn it half way inside out if you put it close enough to the speaker. I am amazed that they can improve on the FP5. Seriously.

#19 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,592 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 22 September 2009 - 05:26 PM

It's illegal to use an electronic caller for anything BUT Coyote, Bobcat, Crows and Starlings. It's a BIG NO-NO for deer and turkey and everything in between.

#20 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 22 September 2009 - 07:36 PM

It's illegal to use an electronic caller for anything BUT Coyote, Bobcat, Crows and Starlings. It's a BIG NO-NO for deer and turkey and everything in between.

But they are great for learning the sounds and practicing with the hand calls! :good:

#21 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:35 PM

You beat me to it SJ! You can get in alot of trouble for using e-calls on most game animals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users