• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:18 PM

I've gone over to the dark side and purchased a FX-3. So I need a little help from the electronically savvy ones here.I've got to hunt a different area tomorrow evening and where I want to set up the ideal situation would be to have my FX3 on a rise about 100-150 yards ahead of me slightly down hill. I can have a direct line of sight to the caller so will my remote work reliably at this distance?

#2 tawnoper

tawnoper

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:16 PM

It should work fine. Try to keep it off the ground a few feet.

#3 Moe

Moe

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:24 PM

I've used mine from well over 100 yards away. Mostly for pranks and Halloween.

#4 .22guy

.22guy

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:13 PM

Maybe at 100 if you can get it off the ground. I have found very spotty reception at that distance though. On the plus side, I really like my FX3. The only thing I wish it had are presets, ie 1-9 sounds I could access with the push of the button.

#5 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:39 AM

Getting it off the ground is the key. It makes a huge difference. I have placed it on a stump before and it worked fine. Even at closer ranges I will stacks some sticks if it is a flat area to get it a few inches off the ground. You would think a few inches shouldn't matter but it does.

#6 Fjold

Fjold

Traveling hitman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, hunting and fishing.

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:41 PM

I got stuck at work late tonight so I didn't get a chance to go to the ranch this evening so I'll go tomorrow. I did take it out in the front yard and sitting in the grass I could go to the end of my cul de sac (110 steps) and it worked perfectly. The neighbor's dog freaked out and Wifezilla came downstairs to tell me that there was a coyote outside also.

#7 usahunter

usahunter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:17 PM

you gotta try putting it in the bathroom when you have company, its a hoot and you're laughing so hard you hardly feel the beating you'll be getting

#8 milkman

milkman

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:Unofficial U.S.Coast Guard motto"You got to go out but you dont have to come back!!"

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:08 PM

as far as range goes, i was out to 150 yards and it was in the line of sight...and yes elevated...as far as putting out side the bathroom when company comes, i use the good ole fart machine....its less expensive and alot smaller incase somebody want to implant it... glenn :signs165xk:

#9 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,115 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:08 AM

If you have line of sight to the caller, 100 yds is easily achieved. The farther away you place it, you will notice a delay between commands. I have put my caller in the weeds, completely out of sight with no probs.. Good Luck !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users