• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:16 PM

Well I just happened to stop by my local WalMart today to pick up some ink for my daughters printer and decided to stop by the ammo cabinet on the way to the check out stand. Well to my surprise there where hords of Winchester 45 gr. .223 hollow points in 40 rd boxes going for $23.95 . My eyes just about bugged out of my fricken head, I was like a child in a candy store. ;) I mean there must have been 50 boxes of this stuff. I quickly got the attention of the sports department employee to open the case so I could get 4 boxes. While I was making my purchase I mentioned it was nice to see the cabinet with some ammo in it. This employee said that if PEOPLE would stop buying pallet loads they would have more! ;) I said pallet loads? She responded, yes pallets. She says people from Livermore come to the Tracy store and it's not uncommon for them too buy 100+ boxes of ammo at a time. Then she tells me people from Tracy buy 1 or 2 boxes on the average. I guess I'm above average for Tracy.
Posted ImagePosted ImageNRA Member

#2 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:39 PM

That's a pretty good deal for 40 round boxes. Too bad nono of the Walmarts down here carry that stuff. I just wait for the gun shows to come to town or order online.
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#3 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:10 PM

The wal mart in turlock has put a two box limit on single caliber ammo sales. You can buy as much ammo as you like as long as you only buy two boxes of each caliber.
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#4 A17Shooter

A17Shooter

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,784 posts
  • Interests:Varmint Hunting, Rifles, Hunting Pistols, Long Range, Computers, Cameras

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:18 PM

Pallets? WOW! WTF! Working at the lab must've got to them. Course the question is which lab? Lawrence Livermore Labs or one of those others? :653:

Guns only have three enemies, Politicians, Ignorant Liberals and Rust.

"A pen in the hand of this president is far more dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million law-abiding citizens."

#5 howdy62

howdy62

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:29 PM

Fakawee, Santee Walmart had ammo last time I was in there

#6 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:19 AM

The Livermore folks have more to fear from the zombies with lab being so close. I'd want more ammo if I lived there also.

#7 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:25 AM

The only part that concerns me is that "these pallet buyers" are screwing things up for the rest of us. I just wonder if they are buying all the WalMart ammo up to sell it at gun shows?

#8 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:53 AM

Bingo!!I was thinking the same thing. I have also heard of local gun shops (Not around here specifically) buying up ALL the Walmart stock so they can mark it up in there stores and control the local ammo market.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#9 fakawee

fakawee

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Interests:4Wheeling, Hunting, Target Shooting, Fishing, Camping, Kayaking and Glassing the countryside.

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:49 PM

Fakawee, Santee Walmart had ammo last time I was in there

Ya, I drove down there but they didn't have the .223. They had lots of 30.06, 7mm rem mag and shotgun shells but no .223.... Says they have some coming in by this weekend. We'll see.....
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain

#10 Hookum

Hookum

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:I hunt biggame, upland, waterfowl and now varmits.
    Love the shooting sports. Rifle,pistol and shotgun. I fish both freshwater and salt.

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:16 AM

Mantecas Wal Mart ammo shelfs are bare. It was a joke. If you want Low base shotgun shells your in luck. You can see that they are cutting their inventory when you walk into the store. It used to be packed to the top shelfs everywhere but now it looks very sparse.
Take no guff, cut no slack, hookum, bookum and don't look back.

#11 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:49 AM

Yep, it's even blowing off the shelves down here in Southern Cal.. Very bare shelves.. Some idiot didn't buy the last 10 boxes of .22 bulk ammo of 500 rounds per for 12.97 a box... I took care of that problem :signs1180lq: Shot gun shells O'plenty on the shelves.

#12 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:25 AM

Hey which bulk packs did you get? Federal copper tops?

#13 Skyshadow

Skyshadow

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:23 PM

In retrospect, it makes me just slightly nervous to hear that people who work at a research lab are stocking up on ammo. Maybe I played too much Doom as a kid....

#14 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:41 PM

They are well armed at Livermore National Laboratory. :signs1180lq: http://www.mindfully...rmore3feb06.htm

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#15 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:04 PM

probably use the standard line..."it's for research" :huh: :o :signs1180lq:
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#16 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:17 PM

In retrospect, it makes me just slightly nervous to hear that people who work at a research lab are stocking up on ammo. Maybe I played too much Doom as a kid....

Gotta watch out for the Livermore Doom Zombies!

#17 Camoghost

Camoghost

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:29 AM

Hey which bulk packs did you get? Federal copper tops?

I bought 10 of each Attached File  Wal.22.jpg   80.08KB   50 downloads

#18 elkguys

elkguys

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy all outdoors and hunting with my son.enjoy meeting fellow outdoors people as we travel

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:36 PM

dont worry about livermore lab worry about site 300 they have good stuff there
life member of NRA,RMEF,SCI and WU REPUBLICAN party

#19 Skyshadow

Skyshadow

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:57 PM

dont worry about livermore lab worry about site 300 they have good stuff there

Like my granny used to say, it's all fun and games until someone accidentally opens a hideous portal to an hell dimension.I'm also a firm believer in the utility of a machete for zombies. It's a well-known fact that the sound of gunfire just attracts the shambling dead.

#20 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:02 PM

The machete is so messy though. That nasty coagulated blood gets everywhere. Who wants that on their cool zombie hunting leathers?

#21 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,193 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:58 PM

Especially those Michael Jackson dancing Thriller Zombies!http://www.youtube.c...feature=related :ph34r: :ph34r: :signs165xk:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#22 Hookum

Hookum

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:I hunt biggame, upland, waterfowl and now varmits.
    Love the shooting sports. Rifle,pistol and shotgun. I fish both freshwater and salt.

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:38 PM

But if you chop off both arms, then they can only bite you. Oh what the heck, chop off the head too.
Take no guff, cut no slack, hookum, bookum and don't look back.

#23 JagerBulldog

JagerBulldog

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:52 PM

LMAO! :lol: Thriller!
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." -General George S. Patton Jr.

#24 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 05:46 PM

Checked our Walmart on Friday. Completely out of just about everything unless you want 25 auto. Had one box of 380 auto left. Picked up the last two boxes of the Winchester 22LR 500 round boxes. The clerk said it has been crazy and everyone is out. At least the prices weren't bad. Walmart could easilly be jacking up the prices really high like some places.

#25 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:15 AM

Especially those Michael Jackson dancing Thriller Zombies!http://www.youtube.c...feature=related :hellohello9il: :o :o

Man that Michael Jackson is a freak show in himself. Now the little hottie in the video is sweet.

#26 usahunter

usahunter

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:45 PM

Friend of mine works for federal premium, he'll get you a pallet , $ 27000.

#27 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:56 PM

Ah just a little out of my pay grade...........

#28 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:15 PM

Keep checking your local Walmart. Just stopped into mine and they were restocked with the bulk 22LR. No 45ACP but lots of boxes of 40S&W and some 223.

#29 Moonclip

Moonclip

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:18 PM

People over at Calguns are saying the same thing. They're buying or clearing Walmart ammo shelfs and reselling it.

I would not doubt that considering most of the gouger type FFL's that hang out over on CG or are sponsors there. Anyone have definate proof of that? Went to a Wal Mart in Garden Grove recently, there was a misspelled sign on ammo case that said that due to the ammo shortage only 300 rounds of ammo sold per customer. Seems you can't buy a brick of .22lr then,lol.

#30 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:59 AM

Keep checking your local Walmart. Just stopped into mine and they were restocked with the bulk 22LR. No 45ACP but lots of boxes of 40S&W and some 223.

Man, now I really glad I bought my new PT140 in 40S&W.Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users