2 replies to this topic

#1 Arise

Arise

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 01:24 PM

I'm looking at the FP external speaker, (SP108-Z), specifically to call in crows. It's made by foxpro so the quality is going to be great but i'm trying to see if I can go a cheaper route and have the same quality. Has anyone hooked up an off brand speaker to there FP? Maybe Radio Shack? What did you use? and how did you rig the wiring on the connection to the FP?http://www.king-cart...roduct_name=FX3Thanks.

#2 dabob

dabob

Bob Morris Foxpro Field Staff

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sporting Clays, Trap and Skeet, Hunting and Fishing

Posted 08 March 2009 - 01:48 PM

I have used my FOXPRO FX5 for two seasons now and on every stand I have made with it, I was also using the FOXPRO SP-55 speaker. I like having the extra volume and having the two different speakers to point in the directions I choose. I don't know if the SP-55 speaker is as loud as the (SP108-Z) but the SP-55 is pretty loud. The SP-55 speaker just plugs right into the FOXPRO callers.Posted ImageHere is a picture of my FX5 with the SP-55 speaker setting to the left of the FX5.

#3 Rich Cronk

Rich Cronk

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Calling predators and building predator calls

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:33 PM

I'm looking at the FP external speaker, (SP108-Z), specifically to call in crows. It's made by foxpro so the quality is going to be great but i'm trying to see if I can go a cheaper route and have the same quality. Has anyone hooked up an off brand speaker to there FP? Maybe Radio Shack? What did you use? and how did you rig the wiring on the connection to the FP?http://www.king-cart...roduct_name=FX3Thanks.

If you can afford it, go with the Sp108-Z. I think it comes with the correct jack for your Foxpro. I use a 15 watt TOA with my scorpion and love it also. Foxpro has the correct plug they would fix you up with. I tried a radio shack speaker once, but it was pretty lame.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users