6 replies to this topic

#1 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 06:57 AM

Have you guys heard about the new Savage design? Basically, the internal box magazine will no longer be attatched to the reciever. Instead it will be attatched to the stock, and it incorperates a center feed design. All Savage and Stevens models are being switched over. New recievers will not be interchangable with old stocks. They are already on the shelves in some areas. Here's a pic.Posted Image

#2 Cranky Farmer

Cranky Farmer

smallblockfuelie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 08:47 AM

Didn't know that. Any idea about why they are doing the change?

#3 MojaveJ

MojaveJ

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing

Posted 20 April 2006 - 09:15 AM

I hope the savage I just ordered isn't that design as I ordered a choate stock also and it may not fit. :P
If it flies it dies, If it runs its done, Hook'it, snag'it, gig'it, just kill itFire up the grill cause deer huntin ain't catch and releaseI dig hot chicks in camo bikini's with guns in their hands.

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,473 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 20 April 2006 - 10:08 AM

It shouldn't be a problem you just remove it from the Savage stock and insert it into you new one. After all there would have to be a mag well in both stocks. Plus I believe Savage is helping in a way. If you have a feeding problem you just replace the mag. :P

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#5 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 05:51 PM

According to sharpshootersupply, the old and new stocks/recievers are NOT compatable with the new ones. They both have mag wells, but they're shaped differently. Plus the inletting is different on the new stocks to fit the new parts. According to SSS, aftermarket stock makers are aware of the changes but no new style stocks have hit the market yet.

#6 Hylander

Hylander

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Interests:Shooting Sports

Posted 20 April 2006 - 06:04 PM

Personally I no like, Pointless.If it isn't attached to the reciever it will line up how ever the stock is fitted, so hope it is fitted just right to allow goood feed. I see FTF's comimg.
Failure is not an OptionLincoln,Ca.

#7 Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

Big Shooter

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 06:15 PM

I think it won't be a problem. My fixed box magazine is attatched to the reciever, but there is a lot of wiggle going on. When the bolt gets pushed forward, it strips a round off the magazine. That round is completely loose as it is being pushed into the chamber. The rim of the case is not engaged (held) by the bolt head until the bolt is fully shut and turned down. I think that's why so much wiggle room is not an issue. The feeding system does not require tight tolerances.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users