9 replies to this topic

#1 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:15 PM

I can't seem to find my old post. Some you might remeber when my Jeep broke down almost 3 months ago. And I had the dealership fix it. While it was there they backed into it with another vehicle. Well after having it for almost 3 weeks now I got it back today. Now I can get back to hunting. Glad I got it fixed finally because the guy told me today when I picked it up they are closing down. Can't afford to stay open the garage is busy but they can't sell vehicles. Also got the honda fixed about a month ago the one with the bad oil leak. Turned out to be a cam seal. They replaced that and then it blew another seal. So they had to go back in and replace them all. Had them do the timing belt as well. That ended up costing me 4 bills out the door.

Attached Files

#2 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:28 PM

How come the one on the left has diamond plate and the one on the right doesnt? The dent is gone though so THAT looks much better..
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#3 microtus

microtus

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Interests:About average for everybody else in here.

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:32 PM

The dent is hiding behind the new rocker guards :)As I said before Just Empty Every Pocket...I know, I have one too.Good to hear you have your ride back.
Watching the government rape the 4th to pillage the 2nd.

#4 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:35 PM

How come the one on the left has diamond plate and the one on the right doesnt? The dent is gone though so THAT looks much better..

They basically fixed the dent and covered it up with the new rock slider which is much better than the old one. A put a heavy plate on the damaged panel. Because they would not be able to fix where it says Jeep. Because it is stamped into the panel. Having the new rock sliders and the heaver panels better protects the body from any future rock damage or vehicle damage. So they say.

#5 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 06:36 PM

The dent is hiding behind the new rocker guards :)As I said before Just Empty Every Pocket...I know, I have one too.Good to hear you have your ride back.

Yes and Yes Thanks.

#6 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:29 PM

Because they would not be able to fix where it says Jeep. Because it is stamped into the panel. Having the new rock sliders and the heaver panels better protects the body from any future rock damage or vehicle damage. So they say.

Why couldn't they replace the panel with a new factory piece that had the JEEP stamped on it?
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#7 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:31 PM

They would have had to cut the panel out. My guess it came down to $$$$.

#8 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:36 PM

Yeah, but didn't insurance cover it?? I always thought that when you had insurace work they had to get the vehicle back to FACTORY specs?? I'm not bashing your rig and if your happy with it, cool. Just saying they SHOULD have done it correctly to where only an experienced body-man would be able to tell and only then if he looked at the welds from the inside. I have LOTS of family members that work in the paint and body industry and they cut and weld factory panels ALL THE TIME.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#9 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 09:36 PM

Looking good, I'd would beef up those sliders a bit before putting them to work.

#10 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:28 PM

I am satisfied with the work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users