• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:25 PM

Well I picked up my new Taurus PT140 Millennium in 40 S&W. I have plans to use this as my CCW when visiting the free states once my non-resident Utah CCW permit is issued. I will be mailing my application this weekend. I really wanted a .45 but my local FFL didn't have any in stock. :smiley_kewlpics: Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImageNRA Member

#2 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:39 PM

Come visit Missouri - many here have the Utah permits... 3-4 hrs and no shooting requirements.How is the DAO trigger pull on the Millennium?

I'm an airgunholic

#3 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:45 PM

Congrats Bronco!! Let us know what you think of her after the range. I'm pretty happy with mine. I have a friend that is looking at getting the 9mm.Just to make you drool, here is my .45ACP. :DPosted Image
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#4 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:58 PM

Oh thanks Chris, rub some rock salt into my wound...... :D Man I really wanted that 45 too. :aggressive: Oh well, heck these pistols are only $350.00. Maybe in a couple months.How does yours shoot? Can't wait to get mine to the range. I picked up some ammo last weekend at Pro Bass in Manteca. With luck the rain will hold off and I can break it it. Tell you buddy not to get a 9mm, not enough one shot stopping power. It took me about 20 minutes to decide to buy the 40 S&W. Wonder when Buds Gun Shop will get more in? I know my local FFL won't get any for a while as he had like 6 in his case. 4 in 40 S&W and 2 in 9mm.Bob

#5 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Movies

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:40 PM

Mine shoots well. I changed the sights to these:http://www.cheaperth...om/46042-1.htmlI just couldn't get used to the 8. I shoot much better with the new sights. Other than that, it works. Trigger pull isn't the greatest, but I think in a pinch it will do just fine. The Taurus is now my hunting sidearm.As for the 9mm. I think you and I have had this conversation before. I feel that the 9mm IS enough (though the .45 is obviously better). My usual carry weapon is and XD-SC 9mm and I have a Kahr PM9 on the way (that will be my daily driver when I get it broke in).I'm still not used to the safety on the Taurus, plus I shoot the XD MUCH better. I figure more accurate/better placed 9mm rounds are better than misplaced or slow to draw .45acp. :D
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#6 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:58 PM

Chris, those sights are really cool, too bad CTD is out of stock. Yeah you and I talked about the 9mm and funny thing is we both have the same opinion that we had the last time. No big deal IMO. I think your choice to use the Taurus PT145 as a side arm while hurting is an excellent choice. Never know when you would have to defend yourself from an unexpected attack.

#7 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:41 AM

No big deal IMO.

yep, no big deal to me either. :badair0es: Whatever each person is comfortable with works for me.

#8 375ranger

375ranger

Squirrel Shooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Varmint hunting, ATV's, Fishing

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:51 AM

Yep, Got me one of those PT145's too. Love it. My Glock 23 is great, like the 40, but the grip for me is kinda fat and chunky, specially when I'm carrying it all day. But the Taurus is soooo much better in the overall feel, I hardly know its there., plus I like the comfort knowing I got FortyFive with me. I too had to get used to the 8's, I have XS bigdot on the Glock. Time will tell if I trade em out for nitesights or not. Bottom line is you will enjoy your Taurus, congrats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users