#1 SpokaneSlayer

SpokaneSlayer

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, camping

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:41 AM

With turkey season approaching and me wanting to do it with a bow, I've been trying to come up with a cheap way of getting a turkey target and I think I've come up with a solution. Use a foam turkey decoy. I'd put my block target behind it for a back stop as I'm sure my arrow would probably pass through. I saw some on Bass Pro for $15. That's a hell of a lot cheaper than a 3D target. Any thoughts on this?

#2 Baja_Traveler

Baja_Traveler

Shooter

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:59 AM

I'll bet it would not last very long. If it's the one I'm thinking of its made from the expanded foam beads like the cheap foam coolers are made of. 6-8 shots later it would all be in pieces, as there is no structural integrity there. I would try to find a hollow or inflatable decoy and fill it with high density pour foam. It would last alot longer and still be way cheaper than a 3-D target.

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license, but not for being in the country illegally,… you might live in a country founded by geniuses but run by idiots.

#3 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:10 AM

Hay bales are fairly cheap. And last a long time.. Paint a silhouette and walaa instant shooting target.. If you want to get creative you can hang a ballon on a string so it dangles in front if the bales so it moves and such...
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users