6 replies to this topic

#1 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:50 AM

The trigger pull on my S&W Sigma Series SW40VE was very high. Did some searching, and it seems to be a common issue. Called Frank Smith @ LSG MFG who does warranty work on S&W pistols. Told him my issue, even though my pistol is several years old. He gave me the shipping instructions on the phone. One week later (today) my pistol is back to me all for free! The new trigger pound is between 5-6 pounds! Have to love customer service like that! Can't wait to test it out tomorrow at the range! Woo Hoo! Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#2 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:54 AM

I reduced both my 40SW and 9MM Sigmas to 5-6 lbs. I regularly outshoot my buddy with his fancy and expensive 9MM XD. More and more folks are doing the mods and using the Sigmas for IDPA matches. What did your gun smith change?Brant

I'm an airgunholic

#3 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:19 PM

You are bsing me the xds shoot awesome. I let 2 people that had no experience in handguns shoot my xd-40 full size model they were hitting mini poppers at 20 yards.Or you Friend cant shot who knows!

#4 Brant

Brant

StubExt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, PCP Airguns, Flying (home builts)

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:22 PM

The Sigma with lightened trigger shoots as well as any standard XD.... and cost half as much.... Both are fine guns....

I'm an airgunholic

#5 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:09 PM

I reduced both my 40SW and 9MM Sigmas to 5-6 lbs. I regularly outshoot my buddy with his fancy and expensive 9MM XD. More and more folks are doing the mods and using the Sigmas for IDPA matches. What did your gun smith change?Brant

Free!!!! Frank treated it as warranty work! And it always has shot awesome! As far as change, it says "replace sear housing, heavy trigger pull" Since he has those special parts from Smith & Wesson, I know they do some other work as well.Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1

#6 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:41 PM

You did better than I did with S&W. I sent in my 629 CL DX a few years ago because the timing was off and they told me that it was because the gun was fired with "hot loads" so the warranty wouldn't cover it. I told them that the only loads that had ever been fired thru it were UMC 180gr soft points and winchester white box 240 grain soft points. The guy on the other end of the line said "those winchesters are hot". It's a factory load for crying out loud!
My guns are mine, they aren't for sale, and I only give guns to people that I really like. So I guess the government is **** out of luck.

#7 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:56 PM

I didn't call S&W directly. At least they never responded to my emails. Instead I did some google searching and found somebody else that posted about Frank Smith. Figured it wouldn't hurt to call the guy. If you still have that pistol and want his contact information let me know!Darren

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users