8 replies to this topic

#1 Norcal Hunting Kid

Norcal Hunting Kid

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:41 PM

Well i have some Bushnell Zoom binoculars (cant remember the exact name). Well the problem is that it only zooms in on the left side. Any advice as to how to fix it? I dont want to open them up and make it worse. What should i do? ThanksNHK

#2 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:11 PM

Send them in to get fixed.. I dont know what kind of warranty Bushnell has but IM sure they have a repair dept...
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#3 1shot_1kill

1shot_1kill

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:11 PM

Welcome to the site you will find a lot of very nice people here and useful information here. Back to your ? dont know much about binocular repair but i had tried to fix an old pair of tasco's and come to find out it was a big waste of time to try and fix some thing that is not worth fixing...... I bought a nice pair of nikon drury 10x42s they are not the best but are worth every penny I have had them for about 5 years and have never had a problem with them... :yahoo:

#4 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:18 PM

+1 on that, get rid of the old and broken and get a newer/better pair, the nikon monarchs are great for the money. :two-cents:

#5 Norcal Hunting Kid

Norcal Hunting Kid

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:14 PM

Thanks everyone. They were big and bulky anyway. Any suggestions on a new pair? I'm mainly going to be using them for glassing for deer. Are the 8x42 not enough zoom? Whats a good brand but not that expensive. Was thinking either Leupold or Nikon. ThnaksF_M

#6 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:32 PM

I had a pair of ziess and loved them, but I misplaced them and bought a pair of nikon monarchs to replace them. The nikons are 8x42 and alot heavier than the 8x32 ziess, I like the nikons every bit as much as the ziess and at 300 bucks they are a good buy. If you do alot of spot and stalk for deer then go with the 10x or 12x but most of the deer hunting I do is with a bow in the thicker stuff so 8x is more than enough. :D

#7 300wsm

300wsm

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:36 AM

Welcome Norcal, You get what you pay for in optics, cheep price gets you cheep glasses, save a few bucks and get some Steiner 8x30 predator binos, great glasses for the money, $249.00 on Ebay.,,300wsm

#8 Norcal Hunting Kid

Norcal Hunting Kid

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:41 PM

Thanks. Well i learned the hard way. They weren't that bad in clarity and kind of heavy but then again i haven't looked through all these high end marks. NHK

#9 sum-rifle

sum-rifle

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:07 PM

In daylight even cheap binos can look pretty good. Where you really notice the difference is at first and last light and when you are looking into shadows. Trying to spot a ground squirrel at the base of a tree at distance or trying to find that bedded Buck in the shadows................Cheap binos will let you down. Good glass is amazing! You will really love having a good pair of binoculars. Unfortunately Good = Expensive for the most part.
Hunt with your kids not for them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users