4 replies to this topic

#1 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:58 PM

I originally did this recipe with chicken but tonight I am trying it with venison. It tasted great with Chicken will let you know how the change up comes out.I substituted soy for the milk products too and it was great. 1 tbsp butter1 cup chopped apple1 cup sliced celery1 clove garlic, minced1/2 cup chopped onion2 tbsp cornstarch2 to 3 tsp curry powder3/4 cup cold chicken stock2 cups milk2 cups cooked chicken, diced1 (3 ounce) can mushrooms, drainedSalt To TasteRice Ring1/4 cup butter1/2 cup chopped onion1/4 cup slivered almonds1/2 cup light raisins6 cups hot cooked rice6 1/2 cup ring moldHow to make curry chicken : * Melt butter in saucepan; add apple, celery, garlic and onion. Cook until onion is tender. Combine cornstarch, curry powder, 3/4 teaspoon salt and broth. * Stir into onion mixture; add milk. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Add chicken and mushrooms; stir and heat through. Serve over rice ring. * Rice Ring : Melt butter in skillet; add onion and almonds (until golden). Add raisins; heat until plump. Add all to rice and mix. * Press mixture into greased mold. Unmold at once on platter and fill with indian chicken curry.I found this at:http://www.indianfoo...cken-curry.html

#2 BullsEye

BullsEye

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:32 PM

I am munching some of the curry as I type and it is awesome served with bambi's daddy!!! <_<

#3 Beretta

Beretta

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing and camping. <br />NRA lifetime member, Ducks<br />Unlimited member and 8 year <br />member of the River Ranch Hunt Club.

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:50 PM

Sounds Great......... Have to try that recipe!!!!!!!! :unsure:
"The genuine sportsman is, by all odds, the mostimportant factor in keeping the larger and more valuable creatures from total extinction." THEODORE ROOSEVELTNRA Lifetime Member/DU Member

#4 mac

mac

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:49 AM

I love yellow curry...I'll have to try that with some of my elk meat...thanks for sharing!
Mac Daddy"Lock, Stock and Two Smokin' Barrels"

#5 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:14 PM

Yeah.....thanks a lot....I just slobbered all over my keyboard. Yum! Yum!!
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users