8 replies to this topic

#1 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

Tikka Shooter, and a bad shot at that.

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,973 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:16 PM

I have been wondering about this for over a year and have been asking about this subject. 2 weeks ago I started calling DFG to get a ruling on this Matter. After no call backs or answers, I tried again today. I called the Law Enforcement division, and the Lady put me in touch with a Capt Brian Naslin. I asked him my questions and actually got a real answer.If you are shooting on Private property, he says you are good to go, there would be no laws Broken.When it comes to shooting on Public land, he said it would still be legal, as long as, You arent shooting from a road.The trailer must then be unhooked from the tow Vehicle. He says once its disconnected, its just a portable shooting Platform. By doing this there are no laws broken.I was glad to finally get through to someone that could actually do their Job. :653:
“Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”

#2 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 17 February 2009 - 01:01 PM

Be sure to tell Rae this. Now she can just disconnect her 5th wheel, kick back inside, open a window or the door and fire away. Aaah all the comforts of home PLUS hunting/shooting. :653:
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#3 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,973 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 01:12 PM

he he.. I can see it now.. 3 radio shack bull horns mounted on top of the trailer, Get the Cd Surroundsound Cranked up. pull the Lazyboy recliner to the front door.. and watch.. lol
“Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that require every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen.”

#4 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 17 February 2009 - 01:17 PM

My brother was visiting his inlaws in Idaho and they decided to go to the shooting range. It was a new experience shooting in the snow. It was three below zero when they got to Idaho a few days earlier. At the range there was a guy shooting from inside his camper shell. He had rigged a system of openings to allow him to shoot from the camper shell without going out into the cold. My brother said it reminded him of the DC sniper the way this guy had it set up. Even with the camper shell he would get cold every once in a while and go up to the front cab of the truck and run the heater to thaw out.

#5 Mr Del

Mr Del

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 01:26 PM

Down here in the Valley, in the summer, it would be nice to set in the shade with a cold ice tea and shoot. Good info. I thank you, sir.

#6 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 17 February 2009 - 01:41 PM

Be sure to tell Rae this. Now she can just disconnect her 5th wheel, kick back inside, open a window or the door and fire away. Aaah all the comforts of home PLUS hunting/shooting. :flag:

:653: ROFLMAO Hey dont think I havent thought of that!! Those little pop up sun roof thingys gave us alot of ideas...And it IS real handy how they give us that ladder that gives you roof top access... And get this our roof is designed to allow for a party up there.. Seems they designed it with the Race car fans in mind... So it will handle a bunch of chairs and people just fine.. Nice to know I wont have to worry about falling thru the roof next time we go hunting/camping :flag: And MoFo Mine already has outside speakers...I think most of them d these days dont they? Plus lights all the way around. BUT I got to ask... ON a trailer such as mine.. Is there any way possible that they would considered a home since I know alot of people live in these things..? Or is it still just a trailer AKA portable blind/shooting platform no matter how big or loaded it is??
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#7 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:21 PM

Or is it still just a trailer AKA portable blind/shooting platform no matter how big or loaded it is??

I wouldn't think it would matter. Trailer is a trailer. That does sound like a good idea though, hook up your caller to your RV speakers. :653: Now you just need a TON of camo netting. :flag:
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#8 OrneryOlMofo357

OrneryOlMofo357

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,973 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:46 PM

If its not connected to a tow rig its good to go ! Its just a much more Plush shooting platform.. :653:

#9 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:14 PM

Where I hunt in texas they used to have a trailer with a platform that lifted( very similar to a scissor lift). It would lift you anywhere from 4' up to 20'+ and with netting around the handrail you were very conceiled. I will try to find some pics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users