• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:33 AM

We saw these trigger sticks during Christmas and liked how you can slide it up or down as needed with just a squeeze f the trigger, but I didnt like that it was just a single pole.....Ive become so used t using the stoney point tripod that its hard to go back to a two or single leg.. THEN we saw a tripod trigger stick a couple of days ago in the Cabelas new Master book.. I pulled up info on trigger stick and see that Bass Pro has them on sale online for 89.99... Well hubby pissed me off the night before so he decided he might should stay out of my way for a bit.. wise move considering his moment of stupidity which pissed me off..... So Apparently he went to Bass Pro.. He came in packing a new trigger stick tripod for me ... I guess normal price is like 120.00 to 130.00 but when he told them that it was on sale on their own site online, they checked and then gave him the online sale price.. I will say they are rather heavy. Specially when compared to the Stony Point Tripod... But I really like how that trigger makes adjusting very easy. Its the 36 1/2 to 61 in tall tripod. Its perfect when setting on a little chair, knealing or standing. I cant wait to try it out in the field.. For those who hike a long ways you may not like the weight, specialy if your hiking all day long, but I think for hunts where you move between stands on a quad or in a truck it would be fine. Also you can take the rifle rest off and attach camera or spotting scope to it. Its very sturdy, and quiet, the trigger makes no nose and the legs adjusting make a little tiny whisper but that is all.. Here is the Bass Pro link if someone wants to get one... http://www.basspro.c...5005000_425-5-4http://www.cabelas.c...98229076a.shtml And the link to the same tripod in Cabelas where its listed at 129.99

#2 300wsm

300wsm

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:49 AM

I was checking them out at BP Manteca, I think I want the bipod mod, for a sitting position, about $40.00, but I will get one when I save up some more fun money.,,300wsm

#3 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:52 PM

I like the bipod model and use an unatached bipod but now I'm thinking of trying an atached bipod so I can use a shotgun and rifle at the same stand.

#4 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:16 AM

I do love my Stoney Point. Because that third leg swings out of the way to make it a bipod so easily.Darren

#5 Frank

Frank

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts
  • Interests:Coyote Hunting #1, Valley Quail 2nd. Former (Idaho) mule deer hunter

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:35 PM

I used to use Stoney Point until I got my Trigger stick which I really like for the reasons you mention. It adjusts with just the touch of the trigger... No noise or repeated loosening & tightning of the leg(s) which creates added movement like you do on other shooting stix.Mine is a Monopod (single leg) however. I guess I get all tangled up with the extra legs. Again, less movement / easier to use / adjust.Frank

#6 Truckeedan

Truckeedan

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Interests:Hunting and fishing whenever my wife will let me!

Posted 26 February 2009 - 10:16 AM

I've had the Primos Trigger Stick Monopod for about 6 months now and I really like it. It just has to be used for what it was intended for. At first while deer hunting I was tempted to use it as a walking stick which would enable me to bring it into action more quickly. Wrong! The internal spring rattles when you use it like a walking stick and it also tends to collapse when you or a limb or brush hits the trigger accidentally.I have just learned to carry it collapsed until I'm ready to use it. It's not quite as steady as shooting sticks but much quicker to deploy and with the 60" model I can use it sitting, neeling or standing with equal speed. Also, it works great on a hillside where it is sometimes difficult to get enough elevation with fixed leg shooting sticks.I would be interested in seeing how the bi pod model works. I'm wondering if a center shaft extends or both legs extend with one pull of the trigger.

#7 ff.hogue

ff.hogue

Plinker

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 02:19 PM

expensive....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users