9 replies to this topic

#1 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:12 PM

My friend called from his place of work where he has his chickens he needs help. Due to the fact that he was careless and someone stole his discovery from the back door of the resturant, bar.it was a hour before dark and a raccoon was already on the prowl in daylight . He was lucky to scare him off until i was able to get there . His chickens where still out it's inevitable hawks and raccoons have hit his stock so i grabed my discovery . After we pened the chickens and the dusk settled in i sat and waited it gets quiet on sunday night so i set some chicken wings scrapes right in front of the dumpster. Set up 33 yds away with a clear lane at 7:05 the first came right in and before he could sniff the wings he was down 15 grain predator JSB right in his ear . he dropped so i just left him a few kicks and he was out of sight of the next one's path . At 8:36 in comes #2 maybe a friend or sybling but same results while crunching down on some bones JSB 18.1 jumbo did him in . The night cook told me both where there the night before at 10:30 and ran him off he dropped the garbage and got out of there he said he was scared . Both are el salvadorian and have no love for rac's . my bro has been sad because without his gun he has lost 2 chickens since it was stolen and he feels helpless fear knot his girl is replacing it for his 30th birthday on the 21 of march . For now i have to be on call Posted Image

#2 dirtgimp

dirtgimp

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:33 PM

please correct me if i'm wrong but isn't baiting of any kind illeagle in california?

#3 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:55 PM

Maybe but i'am in new york and it's legal to bait, hunt 24 hours a day with a light at night no limit on raccoons. We have a long season and it's comming to and end this month

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,384 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:57 PM

Too bad they stole that Disco I hate thieves. Those bandits are fat ones. Now you'll be able to use your NEW AA410 Carbine. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#5 dirtgimp

dirtgimp

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 05:51 PM

sorry about that knot i didn't see anywhere on your profile that said you were in NY.good looking bandits, what are you going todo with them?

#6 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,384 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 16 February 2009 - 06:42 PM

I fixed your location for you Chris.

Time waits for no one--
treasure every moment you have.

#7 evileyes

evileyes

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:31 PM

Nice quarry man. It's always nice to be able to help a friend.

#8 THE KNOT

THE KNOT

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:33 AM

good looking bandits, what are you going todo with them?

I have about 80 to 100 acres behind the place with lots of , raccoons that dominate the area theres opossums and some red fox but very few come out to be seen I bring them in the woods and leave them out to feed the others .I have seen what angry raccoons can do and have no love for them . After a week or so if the crows find them and have had enough i bury the remains

#9 Field Mouse

Field Mouse

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:29 AM

Nice work.
Tactical Squeaker

#10 Field Mouse

Field Mouse

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:31 AM

I've been told by a F&G officer that its legal to bait coyotes......but y'all know how difficult it is to interpret F&G regs....this officer could have been mistaken.
Tactical Squeaker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users