#1 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 15 February 2009 - 07:47 AM

...on my property...!! Noticed a squirrel just a few days ago scampering around on upper level of my yard. Yesterday,seen a squirrel feeding and went in got my rifle and my Lil Sure Shot and clamped it on my gate post...lasered distance 50 yards uphill from my sideyard....took shot and hit him,but he made it to his burrow in bushes just to right of red circle in pic....My property continues up to the avacado grove in background...Posted ImageI counted about 3-4 + burrows under the bushes just right of red circle...Posted ImageThis is only place I can shoot them from.....so now I must check now and then and shoot uphill thru my wire fence to get them....think the uphill shot is actually 44 yards due to incline...now I know what has been raiding my bird feeder...!!

#2 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:01 AM

Let the games begin. If you want to get rid of them, now is the time. If you want more targets, let them be, and by the end of May you should have a target rich environment.

#3 crazyhorse

crazyhorse

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • Interests:Bass fishing,Kayaking,Airgun hunting

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:22 AM

I went back up this morning and searched area behind bushes.....(my property goes another 50 yards beyond where I shot the squirrel....)...found 4 more active squirrel burrows and can see their little trails running down towards my backyard....I'm going to be selective in the "harvest"....just take one now and then...LOL...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users