Photo

A direct hit, and a funny near miss. (slomo video)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:37 PM

It's been snowing off and on here, so I decided to do a bit more editing of some of the video clips from the prairie dog hunt I made last July. I came across this particular clip, and it made me laugh right out loud all over again. I had just hit the dog on the left, and it dropped straight down the hole. The one on the right then meanders over and stands there looking down the hole, wondering what happened to Earl. :rolleyes: :got_pics: I touch off a shot at him and see the pellet go right over his back, and I see it plow into a small pile of cowboy guacamole just in back of the mound. I don't know if it was the sound of the pellet plowing into the pudding that startled him, or if he maybe got splattered with a bit of it, but whatever it was, he did a complete half gainer from one side of the mound to the other. He stood there for about 10 seconds looking like,"dood, something around here stinks". He then decided that he had things to do and took off like his tail was on fire hauling buns for another mound about twenty yards off to the right. These two were just under 65 yards away.I was laughing so hard, I didn't get off a second shot. I had to take a short break to re-compose myself. It still cracks me up. :signs121fj: :roflmao3[1]:Sorry about the highly compressed video file, but that's what happens to video that's posted to the online video hosting sites.http://www.youtube.c...feature=channel

#2 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,678 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:11 AM

That's funny Cliff. :carnage: You know that gun is quiet when the don't pay any attention to you shooting. It sure makes the hunting more fun doesn't it? :drool: :lol:

#3 VarmintAir

VarmintAir

Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:52 PM

That's funny Cliff. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: You know that gun is quiet when the don't pay any attention to you shooting. It sure makes the hunting more fun doesn't it? :crazy: :signs1180lq:

Yeah, it really does. The sound of that pellet slapping into that meadow muffin, was louder to that dog, than the sound of the gun going off back where I was shooting from. There were chunks of muffin flying everywhere. Unfortunately, because of the compression, a lot of the detail is lost, but if you watch closely, in the upper right part of the frame at around 1 o"clock, when that pellet impacts, you will see a chunk of pudding go flying off to the right. Well, I think another piece came back and smacked this guy. He launched, and he is now forever famous on the www. He could have used a can of, "Goo Be Gone" right about then. :crazy: :roflmao3[1]:

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,678 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 15 February 2009 - 04:36 PM

Maybe some "POO BE GONE" would be better. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users