Photo

who's hunting out of a jeep cherokee?let's here about it.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:44 PM

OK, I've been toying around with getting rid of my cj-5 and getting somthing to go wheelin with the family(5+dog). First thinking 4 runner but really love my jeep, so now looking into cherokees. What do you guys/gals with cherokees think of them. I read that CH has one how about the rest of you. :signs121fj: :got_pics: Thanks, Ron

#2 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 14 February 2009 - 07:35 PM

I sold my Wrangler and got a Grand Cherokee. Love it. Great ride on the highway, and works great off road. Not like a wrangler, but will do an incredible job. Will do even more if you mess with it, but I'm not going to because it will do what I want as is.
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#3 D-Man

D-Man

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:00 PM

My 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee is my hunting vehicle. Works great in everything!Darren
Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; - Psalms 144:1
Fellow Team Savage member and Team Ruger! Semper Fidelis!
NRA Certified Instructor / Multi-state CCW Instructor

#4 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:11 PM

If the CH your referring to is me.. I dont have a jeep. I have a truck. F250 crew cab
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#5 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Computers....It's what i do for a living and sometimes for fun.
    Movies
    Spending time with the Family

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:12 PM

Mine is a 2000 Cherokee Sport (not on of those NON-UNIBODY Grands). :signs121fj: But, they can fit more comfortably in there's. :rolleyes: I really like mine. I haven't done a TON of 4x4ing, mostly dirt roads with a bit of ruts and soft sand. If you have car seat critters, I think the Cherokee is too small. The grand would be better for car seats.Anyway, I really like mine, though if I could afford a 4x4 crewcab truck (with a snugtop) that's what I would prefer. :got_pics:
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#6 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:32 PM

CH, sorry I got you and wannakill mixed up, I just remembered it was one of you. :signs121fj: Is the grand cherokee a solid axle?

#7 300wsm

300wsm

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:51 PM

Hay JB ,I was bragging on my XJ when we last talked, Can't beat them, go XJ,,,300wsm

#8 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
  • Interests:Hunting....Predators, Varmints and Upland Game but would like to try larger game.
    Movies

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:20 PM

For proven off-road performance the Cherokee (XJ) is hard to beat. But, the Grand Cherokee comes in V8 and is larger/more comfortable. Check out jeepsunlimited forums.
Posted ImageA well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

#9 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,798 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:34 PM

Another forum to check out.http://www.nagca.com/forum/index.php
[url="""]http://www.CallsbyBraz.com'>http://www.CallsbyBraz.com[/url]
Handmade Calls by Braz
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."--Mark Twain

#10 woodsman44

woodsman44

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:42 PM

Hey Ron dont go with the j**p.....LANDCRUISER BABY!!! :crazy: Just mess'in with you. :smiley-innocent-halo-yellow: Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image This 96' get's me to were I need to go, and then some.P.S. it seats 7 ,fam. would love it!

#11 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 04:25 PM

Woodsman 44, I was looking at those for a second bit I want something a little smaller and the xj's have more after market parts available.PM, that xj is not lifted or locked and looks like someone put it in that ditch on purpose, I don't think the xj's are as capable as the tj,yj or cj but if properly equiped I'm sure that it would do anything I need. 300, I am pretty much convinced on the xj, I just like alot of input and like to see pics of everyone's rigs and I can't do anything until I sell my cj. My wife will probably leave if I brought another vehicle home before selling another.

#12 Moe

Moe

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:41 AM

CH, sorry I got you and wannakill mixed up, I just remembered it was one of you. :roflmao3[1]:

Probably because you look so much alike. :smiley_turkey_pop_up_log:
George Soros says we have the best Congress and Administration money can buy.

#13 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:37 AM

PM, that xj is not lifted or locked and looks like someone put it in that ditch on purpose, I don't think the xj's are as capable as the tj,yj or cj but if properly equiped I'm sure that it would do anything I need.

I ran across this jeep on the trial while me and my boy were out riding our ATV's. It had a note saying they would return to get it. It sat there a good month or so before it finally got hauled away. The longer it sat there the more it started to miss parts. Then someone busted out the windows.

#14 novaman64

novaman64

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Interests:motorcycles, shooting, hunting, muscle cars, snow skiing, wakeboarding, barefooting, camping, horses, livestock

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:33 AM

Get a pickup so you can throw the animals in the back then hose it out after.... I love my Silverado, does what I need it to from haulin the motorcycles, to towin the boat or the horses. Also does great in the snow and offroad with the Eaton locker. :) I have yet to get it stuck (knocking on wood).Posted Image

#15 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:44 AM

Probably because you look so much alike. :good:

:) LMAO Ya, somehow I serious dont think so... Unless Wanna has started wearing a bra...
Royal Oaks TaxidermyAward Winning Taxidermist...When Quality Counts! DEER CAPES WANTED

#16 PredatorMaster

PredatorMaster

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:27 PM

He was in the Air Force LOL!

#17 Jeff

Jeff

SacramentoSkullWorks

• Gold Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:32 PM

Get a 4runner!!!! Toyota's don't break down on the trails! :653:
Sacramento Skull Works ...on Facebook!
Using Dermestid beetles to produce museum quality skulls for your trophy collection.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

#18 CA Desert Dog

CA Desert Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,937 posts
  • Interests:God, family & country. Predator hunting, shooting, reloading.

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:52 PM

I still hunting in my lifted 1981 Full Size Jeep Cherokee. It's like a tank and never gets stuck. I love the old gal.
"Never hold discussions with the monkey when the organ grinder is in the room." Winston Churchill

#19 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 17 February 2009 - 01:03 PM

Hey now take it easy.It's not my fault you didn't score high enough to get in. :flag: :653:

#20 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:22 PM

OOOPS! With that pic of the cute little cat for his avitar I honestly thought wanna was a woman. I"LL BE THE FIRST ONE TO ADMIT THAT I'M AN IDIOT!!! sorry Wanna it wont hapen again. Ron

#21 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:25 PM

<_< Guess he should have smeared some blood on it? LMAO Actually When I see that pic all I see is someone got lucky and tagged a bobcat LOL

#22 wannakillacoyote

wannakillacoyote

"You can call me WKC"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
    Movies

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:00 PM

OOOPS! With that pic of the cute little cat for his avitar I honestly thought wanna was a woman. I"LL BE THE FIRST ONE TO ADMIT THAT I'M AN IDIOT!!! sorry Wanna it wont hapen again. Ron

Uhhh, is this better?Attached File  1.jpg   17.62KB   18 downloadsAnd I think my avatar of the Bobcat is AWESOME!!

#23 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:33 PM

And I think my avatar of the Bobcat is AWESOME!!

+1 On That!!

#24 jawbreaker

jawbreaker

Big Shooter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:05 PM

I didn't say there was anything wrong with your avatar.I said I was sorry!

#25 Yodel Dog

Yodel Dog

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Interests:Guns and hunting, fishing when I can.

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:09 PM

I didn't say there was anything wrong with your avatar.I said I was sorry!

Boo Hiss :smiley_green_with_envy: :drool: Hey jawbreaker, I did'nt read anything bad in your post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users