• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Bronco

Bronco

Big Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  • Interests:Hunting i.e. deer, varmints, yotes. Target Shooting, Trap Shooting.

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:36 PM

A few days before my dad passed away 1.5 years ago, he gave me his beloved S&W Model 10 in .38 special revolver and his Marln 336 in 30/30. He bought the Model 10 back in 1972 and never ran a bullet through it. The guy he bought it from threw in a Greenblatt MP-40 belt cartridgle holder complete with 38 special bullets with nickel cases. Everthing is how dad left it and as long as I own it, it will not be shot. The thing that is unique about this revolver is that it has a deep cobalt blue finish and when light hits it you can see a deep purple color. I have never seen a finish like this before. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Hookum

Hookum

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Interests:I hunt biggame, upland, waterfowl and now varmits.
    Love the shooting sports. Rifle,pistol and shotgun. I fish both freshwater and salt.

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:42 PM

Ahh the good old days. Wheel guns. I loved them then. But alas the auto rules the day. I'm just waiting for lasers to come out.

#3 CoyoteHuntress

CoyoteHuntress

Royal Oaks Taxidermy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Im a full time taxidermist and I LOVE Hunting- coyotes, bobcat, bear, boar, elk, deer etc..

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:59 PM

Ohhhh Very nice.. Though I personally think its a shame to not use it.. A gun like that should be lovingly used and passed down to your kids.. Its a beauty..

#4 ShooterJohn

ShooterJohn

Admin

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,660 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, shooting sports and fishing.

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:03 PM

Very nice lots of memories there. They're a fine pistol too.

#5 Braz

Braz

Formerly know as Alpenliter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,814 posts
  • Interests:“Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.”

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:11 PM

I had one that I got in 1968. Had one been shot twice. One to be sure it fired and the second time to kill the man holding it. Too bad. His kids just wanted to get rid of it and I ended up with it for $40. In 1988, in a burglary, I lost it, my Remington 700 ADL that I had bought in 1965 and a Colt 45, that came out of WWII. Needless to say, I was very, very angry.That one you have is a beautiful example. I agree with CH, it needs to be shot and enjoyed, and passed on.

#6 Shoot-it

Shoot-it

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:04 PM

Very nice pistol and I to believe guns should be shot and enjoyed that's what they are made for.

#7 clampdaddy

clampdaddy

Chief Feathercloud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,062 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Hunting, Reloading, Antique Tractors, Clampin', and Relaxing

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:38 PM

What a beautiful piece! I have a deck of cards that I kept after my grandfather passed and I wont shuffle or play with them because they are still stacked the way we put them away after a game of gin rummy.

#8 tonyd

tonyd

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:39 AM

Next year I will give my son his great grandfathers 12ga shotgun and all the family history that goes along with it.

#9 Jason

Jason

Big Kahuna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, camping, scuba diving, American Revolution living history, fishing, ham radio.

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:52 AM

One of my favorite guns is an old Remington Model 17 20 gage shotgun that my greatgrandmother used to hunt with. I actually do hunt with it today although it is getting very tired from so many years of use. Those old guns passed down from earlier generations are a great way to connect with them.

#10 river rat

river rat

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:THE GREAT OUTDOORS

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:58 PM

nice pistola :yikes[1]:

#11 Big Ty

Big Ty

Predator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, dirtbike riding, horses, sports in general, the outdoors, etc...

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:18 PM

That's a beautiful old Smith. I agree, I wouldn't shoot it either. I have a Model 19 snubby I got from a guy for $100 years ago. He was going to turn it in at one of the gungrabber turn ins. When I got it it was unfired in the original box with all of the paperwork, cleaning kit and was paper, as well as the book that came with it. The cool thing is that it was in brand new unfired condition from the '60's. I'll never shoot it either. It's not worth a ton of money but just having and old Smith in that condition is really cool. Ty

#12 ECVMatt

ECVMatt

Varmint Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:47 PM

That is a great Smith and I agree, you should shoot it.Enjoy that fine Smith....Matt

#13 mstuck

mstuck

Plinker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Ruger old model single actions

Posted 19 December 2009 - 11:03 PM

[quote name='Bronco' date='Feb 11 2009, 05:36 PM' post='128304']The thing that is unique about this revolver is that it has a deep cobalt blue finish and when light hits it you can see a deep purple color. I have never seen a finish like this before. Wow, that finish is beautiful!!Old model Rugers often do that,but ive never seen a smith like that.Attached File  Plum_SBH.jpg   112.9KB   80 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users